From Coca-Cola to Georgia peaches, the Empire State of the South is a great place to call home. If you’re new to Georgia or just purchased a new car, you may be looking for cheap car insurance that covers all of your needs. Fortunately, Cheap Insurance can help. Start your journey toward affordable, comprehensive car insurance coverage with a free quote today.
Quick Georgia Car Insurance Facts
Ready to hit the road in Georgia? Before you get behind the wheel, check out these important facts about car insurance coverage in your state:
- About 660,000 drivers use cell phones and other electronic devices while driving during daylight hours in Georgia.
- There are more than 3,500,000 registered automobiles on the road in Georgia.
- Insurance cards must be carried in vehicles at all times.
- About 12.4 percent of drivers in Georgia are uninsured.
- There are 7,261,266 licensed drivers on the road in Georgia.
Minimum Georgia Car Insurance Coverage
The State of Georgia requires all drivers to have liability insurance that meets minimum limits to drive on public roads and highways. Auto insurance coverage minimums are as follows:
Bodily injury amount: $25,000 per person and $50,000 per accident
Property damage amount : $25,000 per incident
Getting Cheap Car Insurance In Georgia
Finding affordable, reliable car insurance coverage doesn’t have to be difficult. Follow these tips to find cheap car insurance in Georgia:
- Start with the minimum: Opting for minimum insurance limits will save you money when you’re on a budget.
- Compare lots of insurance firms: Insurance rates vary drastically from one car insurance provider to another, so be sure to shop around.
- Be a defensive driver: Drivers with a good record will get a better coverage rate. So stay on the defense to save money.
- Georgia insurance programs: Some drivers may be eligible for discounted state car insurance programs.
Georgia Car Insurance Discounts
Get a quote to find out if you qualify for car insurance discounts, such as:
Good Driver: Is your driving record free of tickets, citations, and accidents? If so, you may be eligible for a discount on your car insurance premiums.
Good Student: Teen or young adult drivers in Georgia may be able to receive a discount for good grades at high school and college.
What is the average car insurance cost in Georgia?
The average car insurance cost in Georgia is about $1,150 annually.
How much is car insurance per month in Georgia?
Car insurance costs a monthly rate of about $95 but may vary depending on the policy and record of the driver.
What is the penalty for driving without insurance in Georgia?
Driving without a license or without insurance are misdemeanors in Georgia. Those caught driving without insurance could be required to pay fines of up to $1,000, spend a year in jail, and/or lose their driver’s license and vehicle registration.
What is driving like in Georgia?
Roughly 12.4 percent of Georgia’s 7,261,266 licensed drivers are uninsured. Car accidents are the leading cause of injury deaths in Georgia, with an average of 1,540 fatalities per year.
How can I save money on my car insurance policy in Georgia?
Save money on your car insurance policy with these strategies:
- Request multi-car discounts when insuring several cars.
- Ask about mature driver and good driver discounts.
- Look for discounted rates when driving a vehicle with airbags, anti-theft devices, or other features.
- Request a payment installment plan.
- Consider a higher deductible for comprehensive and collision coverage.
Other Types of Coverage
Many drivers in Georgia should consider going beyond the minimum state requirements in order to get comprehensive driving coverage. Here are some other popular types of coverage:
Uninsured Motorist Coverage (UMC)/Underinsured Motorist coverage (UIM)
Medical Payments Coverage
Physical Damage Coverage
Additional Kinds of Coverage
Endorsements and Riders
- Towing and road service
- Rental car reimbursement
- Gap insurance
Cities We Cover In Georgia
Cheap car insurance in Georgia isn’t far away. We cover the following cities near you:
Enter your Zip Code and get a
FREE QUOTE TODAY!