Ah, California! With nearly 40 million people, it’s the most populous state in the United States.
And with so many of those folks on the road, it’s crucial to have a car insurance California residents can rely on!
When looking for the car insurance California trusts most, doing a little extra research can save you a lot of money. No matter if you live in the Bay Area or down in SoCal, the cheapest car insurance in California may wind up costing you hundreds of dollars less per year.
When It Comes to Car Insurance, California is One of the Most Expensive
Unfortunately for California drivers, the Golden State is one of the more expensive places to own a car. The average cost of minimum car insurance is just a hair over $600 a year.
States like Connecticut, Delaware, and Georgia are more expensive. And California still has nothing on Florida, where the average cost of car insurance is nearly $1,000 a year.
Still, when it comes to car insurance, California calls for a big investment. That’s all the more reason to spend some time making sure you have the cheapest car insurance in California.
California Car Insurance: Know “15/30/5”
In California, as in most other states, the main purpose of auto insurance is to pay the other person’s medical bills, lost wages, and car repair bills if you are found responsible for an auto accident.
California’s minimum liability coverage includes:
- $15,000 for the death or injury of one other person
- $30,000 total for death or injury of all affected people
- $5,000 for property damage, including vehicles and stationary objects
These minimums are called “15/30/5.” California auto insurance must meet these standards, but policies can provide much more protection. The greater the coverage, the more likely all the liabilities arising from an accident will be paid for.
A standard auto insurance policy does not provide protection for losses suffered by the at-fault driver or for anyone in the driver’s vehicle. However, you can buy optional insurance that covers those costs.
Driving without insurance is against the law in California. You can’t register a vehicle with the Department of Motor Vehicles unless you have current insurance. If you’re found driving without insurance, you can be fined.
You may have points assessed against your license or have your vehicle impounded.
What Are Endorsements and Riders in California Car Insurance?
- Coverage for theft or damage of luxury items like stereo, GPS, and custom wheels
- Towing and road service
- Reimbursement of fees if a rental car you drive is involved in a covered accident
- GAP coverage to pay off an auto loan or lease if your covered vehicle is totaled
- GAP insurance specifically for rideshare drivers involved in accidents at work
Getting Affordable Car Insurance California Drivers Cheer ForWith dozens of insurance companies and options to choose from, what’s the bet way to find affordable car insurance California drivers appreciate? Take a methodical approach and you can find a deal on auto insurance that will help you maintain your budget.Use these tips in your search:
1. Compare Lots of Insurance FirmsCheap Insurance makes it easier than ever for you to check out tons of different insurance options in your area. Don’t stop with the first good deal you find, look at many different providers to uncover the best bargain.
2. Start With “15/30/5”“15/30/5” is the law in California, so it’s the best place to start looking for your new car insurance policy. Once you find the best prices on basic coverage, you can add further coverage to meet your needs.
3. Be a Defensive DriverAny accident you get into will increase the cost of your car insurance. One of the best ways to keep your costs down is by following the rules of the road. Drive defensively and always be alert to potential hazards.Finding car insurance on Cheap Insurance is fast and easy. You can compare California auto insurance and choose the right policy for you. For advice or help, contact our team today.
Who has the cheapest car insurance in California?
Car insurance California drivers can use is a major expense, with full coverage nearing $2,000 yearly.
Drivers in their 30s and 40s tend to have the cheapest car insurance in California. Among the top cars that have been cheapest to insure in recent years are the Subaru Outback and Jeep Wrangler, along with mainstays like the Honda CR-V, Subaru Forester, and Ford’s Escape and F-150 models.
The best way to discover affordable car insurance California drivers trust is to go online. Insurance companies change their rates frequently, so seeking out cheap insurance quotes online helps you find today’s best deal.
What is the average cost of car insurance in California?
The cost of car insurance in California varies by zip code and by individual factors. But the average cost of full car insurance coverage in California is over $1,800. Minimum insurance coverage can be less expensive.
The cheapest car insurance in California tends to be offered far from major metro areas.
When you’re worried about the affordable car insurance California drivers need, start your search online. Cheap insurance quotes online are accurate and up to date so you can get the best cheap car insurance in California.
How much is car insurance per month in California?
The average yearly cost of full coverage car insurance in California is more than $1,800 in 2021. That means it is about $150 monthly. Monthly car insurance premiums in California tend to be higher around big cities like Los Angeles.
If moving is out of the question, it doesn’t mean you’re stuck paying too much for car insurance in California!
You can switch car insurance providers any time to enjoy the affordable car insurance California companies offer. A few hours spent looking for cheapest car insurance in California can save you hundreds!
Which auto insurance is best in California?
Car insurance California recognizes totals $1,800 or more yearly for many residents.
If you are looking for the cheapest car insurance in California, any policy that meets the minimum standards may work. Car insurance companies in California must offer policies that match these requirements. To find affordable car insurance California drivers use, check out ways to compare cheap insurance quotes online.