Affordable Car Insurance for Everyone
Paying too much for car insurance?
We find quality insurance at the cheapest prices available and provide affordable payment plans. Find great coverage with the best prices.
Challenges on your record?
No problem. We’ll help you find a cheap car insurance policy regardless of driving record, location, gender, age or vehicle type.
Car Insurance not working out?
Find a policy that meets your needs and budget. We can find bundled policies for multi-car households.
Let Cheap Car Insurance Companies Come to You
Dozens of car insurance companiesWe access hundreds of the best car insurance companies and show you the cheapest deals.
Trusted expertsWe’ve been providing cheap car insurance quotes for more than 45 years, so you’re in safe hands.
You’re in controlTailor your quote to suit your needs. Choose to buy online, or over the phone.
What Our Customers Think
How Cheap Insurance WorksWe believe you should be able to buy affordable car insurance however you want. That’s why we give you the choice to buy online, or over the phone. Just follow this simple process:
- Choose How to Buy: If you want to buy over the phone or in-person then call us at (800) 486-1866 and one of our friendly staff will help you. To buy online, begin by starting a quote at the top of this page.
- Choose Your Insurance: Choose from auto, renters, motorcycle, health, home and life insurance policies.
- Enter Your Zipcode: Let us know where in the U.S. you live.
- Spend two minutes filling out our online form: We’ll need a few details about you, your car and your driving history.
- Get Instant Quotes: We’ll list the cheapest online car insurance deals available based on your zipcode.
- Choose Your Quote: Click on the carrier that you would like a quote from. We’ll automatically send your details to the carrier to generate the detailed quote.
- Speak to our Team: If no online quotes are available, you can dial our national car insurance network, and you will be able to talk through your options.
- Enjoy Perace of Mind! Once you’ve found the quote you like, you can relax knowing you have found the cheapest car insurance possible.
Beyond Cheap Car InsuranceAs industry experts, we provide cheap quotes for a range of other insurance products.
Each year there are more than 80,000 motorcycle injuries in the US alone Making sure that you and your bike are covered is U.S. alone. Making sure that you and your bike are covered is vital but the high cost of insurance can ruin your ride. We’ll help you find the best motorbike insurance deals while you enjoy the freedom of the open road.
Good home insurance is critical. Not only is it a requirement of getting a mortgage but it also protects your finances should your home be damaged in an accident or disaster. But finding the right balance of coverage and cost is difficult. We can help you find a policy that suits your home, family and budget.
There are more than 600,000 personal property thefts each year in California alone. Most renters own over $10,000 in valuables and important household items. Don’t put these items at risk of theft or damage— get renters’ insurance instead. We’ll help you find the best quotes for the lowest price.
Life insurance is vital for protecting your family when you die. It is used to cover funeral costs and provide security for those you leave behind. We help you find a policy that gives you and your family peace of mind at a price you can afford.
We believe that everyone has the right to a healthy life at a price they can afford. In 2020, the average private healthcare premium for individuals in the U.S. was $5,472 per year. The cost for families will be higher. We help protect you and your family by providing the cheapest health insurance deals available.
Long journeys with bad weather and poor roads can put your RV or trailer at risk. Keep your family’s adventures affordable and on the road by finding cheap insurance coverage. We put you in touch with specialist RV and travel trailer insurers who can advise the best policy for your vehicle, state and budget.
Make sure fun on the high seas never ends. Whether you’re buying a new craft or reinsuring an existing one, we provide the cheapest insurance quotes. We’ll help you find a policy that covers your activities, equipment and budget and put you in touch with one of our specialist boat and watercraft insurers.
Cheap Car Insurance FAQ
How can I get cheaper car insurance rates?
- Compare rates: Different insurers target different customer groups. This means what is cheaper for one person may not be more affordable for you. Use a price comparison site like ours that allows you to compare policies to suit your specific requirements.
- Consider local insurers: Bigger isn’t necessarily better. Many state-wide insurers have customer review scores at least as high as big-name national providers. They may offer lower rates.
- Get a discount: There are many reasons that you may qualify for a discount — for example, if you buy a home or turn 55. You can ask for a discount any time, so make sure you call your insurer and ask.
- Improve your credit score: Insurers in most states will consider your credit score when calculating your premium. Improving your score could save money.
- Get basic cover for old cars: If your car has a low value or is old, it may not make sense to get expensive cover like collision coverage and comprehensive insurance.
- Opt for higher deductibles: You can save money on your quote by choosing a higher deductible. This is not always a good idea, as you may have to pay the higher deductible should you have an accident.
- Get PPM car insurance: Pay-pPer-mMile (PPM) auto insurance is when you allow your insurer to track your driving. The insurer will give discounts to safer drivers that log fewer miles.
- Find a car that’s cheap to insure: Some vehicles are costly to insure. You can reduce your premium by buying a car that is cheaper to insure.
How much should full coverage insurance cost?
On average, full coverage costs $166 per month. According to WalletHub, the average cost of auto insurance is $716 per year or $60 per month.
These figures vary depending on the driver, the car and the state. Usually, full coverage costs around 2-4 times as much as minimum coverage, depending on where you live.
How much is collision deductible?
A car insurance deductible is how much you contribute towards the cost of repairing your vehicle in the event of an accident. You can choose how much your deductible is when you buy insurance — high deductibles mean cheaper premiums.
A collision deductible is how much you contribute in the event of a collision. The average driver chooses a collision deductible of around £500. Depending on how safe a driver you are and how expensive your car is, you may wish to go higher or lower.
Why is insurance so expensive?
There are several reasons why your auto insurance could be so high. First, your age matters. Drivers under 25 are far more likely to be involved in an accident and face higher premiums.
Secondly, the state where you live can have a big impact. Places like California have very high insurance premiums due to busy roads, severe weather or an increased risk of theft or vandalism.
Finally, insurance premiums are pushed up by the high number of uninsured drivers. If you are in an accident with an uninsured driver, you will be left paying for the damage. The risk of this happening is factored in when you buy insurance, making it more expensive.
Does my credit score affect my insurance rates?
Yes, having a high credit score will significantly reduce your insurance rates in most states. The only exceptions are California, Hawaii, Massachusetts, Michigan and Washington.
A good credit rating could reduce your premiums by up to 25%, while a poor credit rating could double it. Insurers do this because your credit score tends to be a good indicator of whether you are a good driver or not. Getting a car insurance quote will not affect your credit rating.
What if I can't afford car insurance?
- Get cheapest minimal cover quotes: Begin by using a company like us to find the cheapest car insurance company. Ask for the most affordable minimum auto insurance policy available to you.
- Get a discount: If the minimal cover is still unaffordable, you should contact the cheapest insurer and try to agree on a discount.
- Get PPM: Pay-per-mile insurance is when your own car is fitted with a tracker, and you only pay insurance on the miles you drive. This means that you’ll have to limit how much you drive, otherwise you could end up paying more than you would have with a regular policy.
- Keep a clean driving record: Avoiding violations and getting points on your license will help reduce your insurance premiums.
- Improve your credit score: Paying off debt on time will help improve your credit score. A good credit rating will reduce your insurance premiums by up to 25% in most states.
Why is car insurance so expensive under 25?
Car insurance prices decrease as you age, ranging from an average of $7,179 at age 18 and dropping to $3,207 at age 25.
The reason for these high premiums is that young drivers are, on average, more likely to get into an accident. This means that they are risky for auto insurance companies to cover.
As they get older, drivers become less likely to be involved in an accident, and their insurance premiums go down accordingly.
Premiums for women under 25 cost less than those for men. That’s because young men are significantly more likely to be involved in an accident than women.
The best thing to do is compare prices. Some insurers are more likely to provide cheaper premiums than others once you turn 25. They will also consider other factors like driving experience, accident history, your credit rating and your zip code.
How can I get the best car insurance rate for my teen?
- The teenage driver’s age
- The state where you live
Is it better to pay car insurance monthly or every six months?
A 12-month policy is the best option if you have a clean record. That’s because it will lock you into a good price for a whole year. You’ll also get a discount by paying for the entire policy upfront, rather than in monthly installments.
However, if you have points on your license or a violation, it may be worth getting a six-month policy. Once the points or violations have expired, you can switch to a cheaper policy.
Should you pay your auto insurance in full?
Yes, if you can afford to buy your auto insurance upfront in full it will be cheaper than paying for it in monthly installments.
It’s essential to consider your budget and decide which option works best for you. If paying in full will cause you financial difficulties, then paying monthly may be a better option for you.
Does car insurance premium go down after car financing is paid off?
Finance and leasing companies often require you to have comprehensive or collision insurance.
This is to protect their assets and ensure they can get the rest of the money owed to them in the event of an accident.
Paying off the car loan doesn’t necessarily mean you will get car insurance discounts. However, you might be able to get cheaper coverage. To do this, you should call your insurer and ask that the lienholder be removed from your file.
Is it cheaper to insure a new car or a used car?
It is not necessarily cheaper to insure a used car. Different insurance companies offer different rates for new and used vehicles.
However, it is often cheaper to insure an older car. That’s because new vehicles use more advanced technology and are more expensive to repair.
The best way to find an affordable policy for a used car is to use a service like CheapInsurance.com to get the cheapest car insurance quote available.
If you buy a brand new car on finance, you may also be required to take out costly comprehensive and collision insurance.
When should I remove full coverage?
- Your car is old: If the annual premium is 10% of the car’s value or more, you may wish to switch to minimum coverage. This is usually the case with older cars that you are likely to replace after an accident.
- You don’t drive much: Drivers that do fewer miles are less likely to have an accident. If this applies to you, then you may wish to take the risk of dropping full coverage.
- You have a pot of cash available: If you have enough spare money that you don’t mind spending on significant repairs, you may wish to consider dropping full coverage.
At what age is car insurance cheapest?
How much auto insurance costs depends on many factors, not least on your driving record. However, on average, car insurance rates are expensive for drivers under 25 but rapidly become more affordable after that.
Once you reach 30, they stabilize and, on average, cost around $500 – $600 per year. The age with the best car insurance rates is 55. After this, auto insurance coverage rates begin to increase again gradually.
Are car insurance rates cheaper if you bundle?
Yes, you can get affordable car insurance rates if you bundle. If your family or household has more than one car, you should ask your insurer about car insurance discounts. Or you can use a policy search tool like ours to find the best bundled deals.
Companies that bundle auto insurance usually offer a 5 – 25% discount per policy. This doesn’t just apply to auto insurance. For example, bundled home insurance deals can offer huge savings due to the high costs of these premiums.
What is SR22 insurance?
Sometimes called SR-22 or FR-44, you need SR22 insurance if you are responsible for bodily injury liability or in a similar at- fault accident. It verifies that you can meet your obligations if you are in another accident. It can be costly, so finding the cheapest companies for these policies is critical.
We believe that every driver should be able to find cheap car insurance rates, regardless of their driving history. Visit our SR22 insurance page to find out more.
We’ve got your state covered for cheap car insurance
Written by: Aine Givens Jeff Gritchen/MediaNews Group/Orange County Register | Getty Images The coronavirus pandemic affected the world’s economy in all sorts of ways, some