Get a Quote
El Paso is Spanish, the words meaning, “the pass”. The city is situated in the far western corner of the state. This central part of town contains some of the city’s oldest and most historic neighborhoods. This growing neighborhood located in the heart of the city is home to approximately 681,000 people. Today, central El Paso has grown into the center of the city’s economy and a thriving urban community. In 2009, El Paso was home to number 52, number 98, and number 100 of the 100 most congested roads in Texas, and being a border city, it will always be a heavy traffic area. Anyone living here should take the time to look at all the options for cheap car insurance El Paso has available.
Cheap Car Insurance In El Paso
It’s important to have the right car insurance in El Paso to protect not only yourself, but your vehicle too. When looking through the options for cheap car insurance El Paso offers, the more information you have, the better.
Texas law requires drivers to pay for accidents they cause. Fault is ultimately determined by the state, using evidence and testimony gathered at the scene of the accident. The at-fault party is then required to pay all damages resulting from the accident.
Remember that carrying the minimum coverage required by law may not be enough to cover you personally. Make sure your policy will cover all of your assets, even if you are in an accident with an uninsured driver.
El Paso Car Insurance Requirements
- Bodily Injury coverage requirements are a minimum of $30,000 per person and $60,000 per accident.
- Property damage liability minimum requirements are $25,000.
- Uninsured Motorist coverage is not required, but insurance company’s are required to offer it, and explain the coverage to consumers.
Public Transportation In El Paso
- Amtrak, the national passenger rail system, serves El Paso at the Union Depot, operating its Sunset Limited/Texas Eagle three times weekly between New Orleans and Los Angeles.
- The Sun Metro Mass Transit System operates a system of medium- to large-capacity natural gas-powered buses all around the city of El Paso