Get a Quote
Largo began as a tiny little 300-person farming community in the early 1900s, and today has an estimated 2015 population 81,000 residents! Most of that growth was slow and steady, except for a post-war boom after WWII. Today, the city has shucked off its agricultural roots and expanded into manufacturing, especially electronics. But the city is mainly a bedroom community, meaning most residents commute out. Those that are employed in the city itself are mostly working in retail or the service industry. The city has many nature reserves and parks, including Largo Central Park Nature Preserve. This is a 31-acre nature park virtually surrounded by water, and full of exotic wildlife. Between the commute and the tourists, residents should stay safe on the road by exploring all the options for cheap car insurance Largo has to offer.
Cheap Car Insurance In Largo
- Florida state is a “no-fault,” meaning that an individual’s insurance company covers their losses regardless of fault.
- Florida requires a minimum of $10,000 for Personal Injury Protection.
- Florida also requires a minimum of $10,000 Property Damage Liability.
- Driving without insurance in Florida can result in a suspension of your registration or driving privileges, and a reinstatement fee of between $150 and $500, plus the cost of insurance.
- Keep your mileage low. Most insurance companies take your annual mileage into account when calculating your rates. After all, the more you drive the better your chances of getting into an accident. If you can carpool, bike, or take public transportation to work, it’s worth considering. You might save a lot on your auto insurance.
- Most insurance professionals will agree that the best way to save money is to check your rates against competitors. We suggest doing so at least twice a year (more, if possible). With online rating systems, it’s easier than ever to get comparison quotes. Simply type in your zip code to get the process started!
Public Transportation In Largo
- The Pinellas Suncoast Transit Authority provides bus service throughout Pinellas County and express service to Tampa.