Finding cheap car insurance in Texas is a simple process when you choose Cheap Insurance. We’ll help you find the right affordable car insurance coverage for your needs. Get your free quote today to start the process.
Quick Texas Car Insurance Facts
Here’s what you need to know about car insurance in Texas:
- Texas is a “fault” state, meaning the person found responsible for the accident is responsible for liabilities related to the incident.
- Texas requires all drivers to carry a 30/60/25 minimum coverage policy.
- Texas car insurance costs about $1,700 annually for the average driver with basic coverage.
- Traffic, auto accidents, and growing populations contribute to rising car insurance coverage rates.
Minimum Texas Car Insurance Coverage
Texas law requires all drivers to carry a certain amount of liability insurance, including:
Bodily injury: $30,000 per injured person and $60,000 per accident
Property damage: $60,000 per accident
Getting Cheap Car Insurance In Texas
Fortunately, there are several things you can do to get lower car insurance rates in Texas. Here are a few tips to try:
- Start with the minimum: Minimum coverage is more affordable than full coverage, so it’s smart to start there when you’re on a budget.
- Compare several car insurance providers: Shop around to find the best rate for your needs.
- Be a defensive driver: Defensive driving is one of the best ways to keep a clean driving record and qualify for a cheaper premium.
- Texas insurance programs: Some state insurance programs offer reduced rates for qualifying drivers.
Texas Car Insurance Discounts
Get a free quote from Cheap Insurance to find out if you qualify for these discount programs.
Good Driver: Texas drivers who avoid accidents and traffic violations may be eligible for a good driver discount.
Good Student: Teenagers and young adult drivers could also be eligible for student driver discounts.
What is the average car insurance cost in Texas?
Texas car insurance costs about $1,700 annually for basic coverage.
How much is car insurance per month in Texas?
Monthly car insurance rates range from $141-$108
What is the penalty for driving without insurance in Texas?
Driving without insurance in Texas could result in serious penalties, such as fines or revoking a license and vehicle registration.
What is driving like in Texas?
Roughly 8% of Texas drivers are uninsured, and an average of 3,294 fatal car crashes occur per year.
How can I save money on my car insurance policy in Texas?
There are several ways to save money on car insurance coverage in Texas, such as:
- Multi-car discounts when insuring more than one car
- Young, mature driver, or good driver discounts
- Discounts for airbags and other enhanced safety features
- Installment plans
- High deductible plans
Other Types of Coverage
Sometimes minimum coverage isn’t adequate. Here are some other types of car insurance coverage to consider:
Uninsured Motorist Coverage (UMC)/Underinsured Motorist coverage (UIM)
Medical Payments Coverage
Physical Damage Coverage
Additional kinds of coverage
Endorsements and Riders
- Towing and road service
- Rental car reimbursement
- Gap insurance
Cities We Cover In Texas
Cheap car insurance is close! Here are the cities we serve in Texas:
Enter your Zip Code and get a
FREE QUOTE TODAY!