Get a Quote
Living in the 5th best outdoor city in the nation, you might not be spending too much time in your car. But that doesn’t mean you should spend time looking over the choices for cheap car insurance Tampa can offer. If you haven’t shopped your auto policy in a while, you might be surprised by how low rates have gotten over the past few years.
Tampa is a pretty desirable place to live, so the population will continue to grow. New residents are attracted to the city for a number of reasons, including economic opportunity and the lowering crime rate. Auto Insurance companies are struggling to keep up with the changes so rates have been in a constant state of flux which is good news for anyone trying to save money.
Cheap Car Insurance In Tampa
- Florida state is a “no-fault,” meaning that an individual’s insurance company covers their losses regardless of fault.
- Florida requires a minimum of $10,000 for Personal Injury Protection.
- Florida also requires a minimum of $10,000 Property Damage Liability.
- Driving without insurance in Florida can result in a suspension of your registration or driving privileges, and a reinstatement fee of between $150 and $500, plus the cost of insurance.
- Keep your mileage low. Most insurance companies take your annual mileage into account when calculating your rates. After all, the more you drive the better your chances of getting into an accident. If you can carpool, bike, or take public transportation to work, it’s worth considering. You might save a lot on your auto insurance.
- Most insurance professionals will agree that the best way to save money is to check your rates against competitors. We suggest doing so at least twice a year (more, if possible). With online rating systems, it’s easier than ever to get comparison quotes. Simply type in your zip code to get the process started!
Public Transportation In Tampa
Take advantage of public transportation whenever you can. It will save you mileage on your car, which will in turn save you money on your car insurance. For a complete listing of all the possible public transportation options in Tampa, click here.