Get a Quote
According to the United States Census Bureau’s 2015 population estimate, Port St. Lucie is the 8th largest city in Florida with 179,413 residents. Currently, it is the 3rd largest city in South Florida and the 8th largest city in Florida, surpassing Fort Lauderdale’s population of 178,590.Port St. Lucie’s population has grown by 85.4% since 2000, and the city has been in constant development since 1990, creating thousands of jobs and building thousands of homes for new residents. This means that insurance rates have been changing rapidly as insurance companies struggle to keep up with the new traffic, crime, demographic, and population data. This can be good news for consumers though, because right now it’s easier to find choices for cheap car insurance Port St. Lucie companies can offer.
Cheap Car Insurance Port St. Lucie Requirements
- Florida state is a “no-fault,” meaning that an individual’s insurance company covers their losses regardless of fault.
- Florida requires a minimum of $10,000 for Personal Injury Protection.
- Florida also requires a minimum of $10,000 Property Damage Liability.
- Driving without insurance in Florida can result in a suspension of your registration or driving privileges, and a reinstatement fee of between $150 and $500, plus the cost of insurance.
- Most insurance professionals will agree that the best way to save money is to check your rates against competitors. We suggest doing so at least twice a year (more, if possible). With online rating systems, it’s easier than ever to get comparison quotes. Simply type in your zip code to get the process started!
Public Transportation In Port St. Lucie
There are two bus services in Port St. Lucie:
- Treasure Coast Connector has several fixed routes. Some run through Port St. Lucie, some through Fort Pierce, and one runs from Fort Pierce through Port St. Lucie to the Treasure Coast Mall in Jensen Beach, connecting to other routes along the way. The phone number for the Treasure Coast Connector is (772) 464-8878
- Community Transit takes passengers directly to their specific destination by request. To use this service, riders must call at least 24 hours in advance. Riders may call up to two weeks in advance to schedule this service. The phone number is (772) 879-1287