Though Mississippi residents have the lowest per-capita income of any state in the US, the state’s auto insurance premiums don’t reflect this ranking. Fortunately, Cheap Insurance makes it easier to get the cheap car insurance drivers in Mississippi are seeking. Kickstart the process of purchasing budget-friendly car insurance coverage by getting a free quote today.
Quick Mississippi Car Insurance Facts
Want to learn more about car insurance in the Magnolia State? Here are some quick facts you should know:
- MS law requires all drivers to carry liability insurance with a minimum of $50,000 per accident for bodily injury and $25,000 per accident for property damage.
- The average cost of car insurance in MS is $492 annually for minimum coverage or $1,782 for full coverage.
- About 24% of MS drivers do not have auto insurance.
- Those caught driving without insurance could be charged a $1,000 fine and have driving privileges suspended.
Minimum Mississippi Car Insurance Coverage
State law dictates that all Mississippi drivers must carry bodily injury and property damage liability insurance, with the following minimums:
Bodily injury: $25,000 per person, $50,000 per accident
Property damage: $25,000 per accident
Getting Cheap Car Insurance In Mississippi
Cheap car insurance is possible when you’re a good driver and shop around for the right policy for your needs. Here are some tips on finding budget-friendly car insurance coverage in MS:
- Keep a good driving record: Drivers with a history free of accidents and traffic violations will get cheaper insurance.
- Ask about discounts: Potential discounts include service members, good driving, students, and more.
- Get a high-deductible plan: High deductibles for collision and comprehensive coverage will lower your monthly rates.
- Mississippi insurance programs: Certain state programs could save you money on car insurance.
Mississippi Car Insurance Discounts
Some car insurance providers in MS offer discounts, such as:
Good Driver: Mississippi drivers with a great driving record could qualify for discounted insurance premiums.
Good Student: If you’re a young adult or teen student, you could be eligible for a good student discount on car insurance.
What is the average car insurance cost in Mississippi?
Car insurance in MS costs an average of $494 for minimum coverage and $1,782 for full coverage.
How much is car insurance per month in Mississippi?
Monthly car insurance rates break down to about $41–$148 per month.
What is the penalty for driving without insurance in Mississippi?
Driving without car insurance in Mississippi could result in the suspension of driver’s license and fines of up to $1,000.
What is driving like in Mississippi?
Mississippi is one of the deadliest states to drive in, with a rate of 26% of motor vehicle deaths per 100,000 people. (The national average is 13.42%). About 24% of MS drivers are uninsured.
How can I save money on my car insurance policy in Mississippi?
Save money on your car insurance policy by trying these techniques:
- Ask about discounts for insuring more than one car.
- Ask about discounts for mature or student drivers.
- Ask about discounts for car safety features.
- Ask about paying with an installment plan.
- Ask about higher deductible plans.
Other Types of Coverage
Minimum auto insurance coverage simply isn’t adequate for some MS drivers. Here are other coverage options to consider:
Uninsured Motorist Coverage (UMC)/Underinsured Motorist coverage (UIM)
Medical Payments Coverage
Physical Damage Coverage
Additional kinds of coverage
Endorsements and Riders
- Towing and road service
- Rental car reimbursement
- Gap insurance
Cities We Cover In Mississippi
Cheap car insurance in Mississippi is close to home when you shop with Cheap Insurance. Find affordable car insurance rates in the city below.
Enter your Zip Code and get a
FREE QUOTE TODAY!