Connecticut is an upscale state that boasts 14 billionaires and hundreds of millionaires. Home to Yale, the state is also highly educated and liberal. Our state is full of friendly people who love sports and food.
Living in Connecticut is not cheap, though. Taxes are sky-high and are even imposed on luxury vehicles. That’s why cheap car insurance is a must if you plan to drive in the state.
If you’re a Connecticut resident looking for car insurance coverage that won’t break the bank, try Cheap Insurance. Just click the button below, and in minutes, you’ll get a free quote!
Quick Connecticut Car Insurance Facts
- Connecticut has a minimum coverage requirement known as the 20/40/10 rule.
- The average cost of minimum liability auto insurance in Connecticut is $794 per year.
- Full car insurance coverage in the state costs an average of $1,845 per year.
- Connecticut has one of the lowest rates of uninsured drivers, at 6.3%.
Minimum Connecticut Car Insurance Coverage
Drivers in Connecticut need to have the minimum car insurance coverage before heading out on the road.
Connecticut requires minimum insurance for bodily injury and property damage liability, as well as uninsured/underinsured motorist insurance. Drivers must carry at least the following insurance:
- Property damage: $25,000 coverage for a single accident
- Bodily injury/death: $25,000 for one person, $50,000 per accident
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist: $25,000 per person, $50,000 per accident
Getting Cheap Car Insurance In Connecticut
Get low-cost car insurance coverage in Connecticut by following these tips:
- Seek out multiple quotes: Insurance rates can vary dramatically from one car insurance provider to another. Shop around or use Cheap Insurance to get a free quote.
- Raise your deductible: This is the amount you pay out of pocket for repairs. By raising it from $500 to $1,000, you can save as much as 40% on your rates.
- Get a group rate: Some employers and alumni associations offer discounts on car insurance.
Connecticut Car Insurance Discounts
It’s possible to get cheap car insurance in Connecticut. These discounts may be available:
- Good Driver: A spotless driving record can score you a discount of 10–30%.
- Good Student: If you attend school and get good grades, you could save 10–20%.
- Senior Citizen: Being a certain age (such as over the age of 60) can net you some savings on your insurance.
- Military Service: Some car insurance providers will reward you for serving your country.
What is the average car insurance cost in Connecticut?
The average cost for full car insurance coverage in Connecticut is $1,845 per year.
How much is car insurance per month in Connecticut?
The average cost for full car insurance coverage in Connecticut is approximately $154 per month.
What is the penalty for driving without insurance in Connecticut?
Driving without insurance is a Class C misdemeanor in Connecticut. Your driver’s license and registration will be suspended for one month. You will face a $500 fine and three months in jail.
What is driving like in Connecticut?
While the speed limits in some areas of Connecticut are lower than other states, unsafe drivers are everywhere. They are likely to speed and use their phone while driving. Connecticut also has dangerous back roads and harsh winters, making driving even more difficult. Watch for deer—roughly 18,000 are killed on Connecticut roadways every year.
How can I save money on my car insurance policy in Connecticut?
Cheap car insurance in Connecticut is possible. All you have to do is follow these tips:
- Get rid of unnecessary coverage: You can drop collision and comprehensive insurance on older vehicles. You don’t need gap coverage if your vehicle is paid off.
- Drive a different vehicle: A luxury SUV or sports car will cost more to insure than a small sedan. Think about a vehicle’s insurance rate before buying one.
- Change the way you pay: Make your insurance agent’s job easier by paying in advance, paying in full, paying online, and signing up for paperless billing. You’ll be rewarded with discounts.
Other Types of Coverage
Besides the minimum insurance, here are some other car insurance coverages to consider when driving in Connecticut:
- Uninsured Motorist Coverage (UMC)/Underinsured Motorist coverage (UIM)
- Medical Payments Coverage
- Physical Damage Coverage
- Additional kinds of coverage
- Endorsements and Riders
- Towing and road service: If you ever break down, this insurance provides you with gas, towing, and other roadside assistance.
- Rental car reimbursement: This insurance reimburses you for a rental car if your vehicle cannot be driven.
- Gap insurance: Gap insurance protects you if you crash a new vehicle. It covers the difference between the amount you owe on your vehicle and its actual value (which is likely much less).
Cities We Cover In Connecticut
Getting cheap car insurance is easy! Start with a free quote from Cheap Insurance. We serve the following Connecticut cities:
Enter your Zip Code and get a
FREE QUOTE TODAY!