Cheap Insurance Louisiana
Driving in Louisiana: Statewide Facts
Louisiana insurance rates have gone up quite a bit over the past few years. This is due in part to the number of claims arising from all the recent hurricanes. For consumers, it is more important than ever to research all the available options for cheap insurance Louisiana offers. Getting comparison quotes is the best way to ensure you are paying the lowest available rate for your individual needs.
Using a 40-year-old male as an example: Let's say he is driving a brand new Toyota Camry, wants full coverage ($500 deductibles for comprehensive and collision coverage) and increased liability limits (100/300/50). Based on quotes from a number of Louisiana insurance companies, in multiple residence territories, he will pay around $160/month.
Louisiana’s car insurance premiums are the highest in the United States of America, at an average 12-month rate of $2,536. Leading causes are natural disasters, the number of uninsured drivers and state insurance laws.
State Car Insurance Requirements
- Vehicles with a gross weight of 20,000 pounds or less are required to carry a minimum bodily injury coverage of $15,000 per person and $30,000 per accident, with $25,000 in property damage.
- Vehicles with a gross weight between 20,001 and 50,000 pounds are required to carry a minimum bodily injury coverage of $25,000 per person and $50,000 per accident, with $25,000 in property damage coverage – or a single combined limit of no less than $75,000.
- Vehicles with a gross weight over 50,001 pounds must have a minimum bodily injury coverage of $100,000 for an individual, and $300,000 per accident, plus $25,000 in property damage coverage – or a combined single limit of $300,000.
Did you know?
- Louisiana is home to the longest bridge over water in the world, the 24-miles-long Lake Pontchartrain Causeway.
- Delayed licensing programs for teens, in Louisiana, resulted in a 20% reduction in fatal accidents and night driving restrictions proved effective in keeping teens safer as well.
The Louisiana Office of Motor Vehicles Public Safety Services handles most auto-related matters, including licensing and vehicle registration.
The Department of Insurance web page has all the information you need regarding the license status and consumer reports of the many insurance companies doing business in Louisiana.
We Have Your Town Covered!
Average Annual Premiums in Louisiana = $2,536 | via Insure.com
Have questions about auto insurance in your state? Want a quote for car insurance?
Start with your zipcode for a fast, free quote.
OR speak to an agent:
Local Louisiana agencies we can beat in price.
3848 Veterans Memorial Blvd
Metairie, LA 70002
7007 Saint Clade St Brnrd
New Orleans, LA 70112
5741 Crowder Blvd Ste A-4
New Orleans, LA 70127
3328 Bienville St
New Orleans, LA 70119
1801 Carol Sue Ave
Gretna, LA 70056