Cheap Insurance Lancaster
This high desert town has come along way from its military roots. With a population of over 150,000, it attracts residents due to its low cost of living (20% lower than the California average) and recent redevelopment. The city is taking strides to become more business friendly and “carbon neutral.” If you’re in the market for new insurance we recommend shopping now, as rates will start to rise as the city grows. There are currently many great ways to find the cheap insurance Lancaster has options for.
Did you know?
- Lancaster and the surrounding areas are used frequently by Hollywood studios (Kill Bill and parts of Terminator 2 were filmed in the city)!
- There is a legitimate “musical road” in the city that plays parts of the William Tell Overture using grooves in the asphalt as you drive over them.
- The crime rate is about average for a city of its size (404 stolen cars in 2012).
- The average crime index has been lowering for the past ten years or so.
- The median home value is already rising post-recession, to a high of $186,000, and is expected to continue to rise over the coming years.
- The further east you live in the city, the longer your commute time, as most traffic flows west to I-5.
We recommend purchasing uninsured motorist coverage, since parts of California have an uninsured rate of almost 30%. Comprehensive and collision coverage is never a bad idea, especially comprehensive as auto thefts do still happen in the city.
Ways to Lower your Rates
The best way to lower your rates is to get comparison quotes from as many companies as possible before you purchase your policy. We recommend doing this at least twice a year.