Get a Quote
The city is bisected by New Jersey Route 495, a vehicular cut built in conjunction with the Lincoln Tunnel. The estimated population of 2105 is 69,156, ranking Union City the 14th largest city in New Jersey. As with most states, New Jersey’s auto insurance rates are most affected the DUI and uninsured motorist rates. However, the population density is a huge factor as well. Many residents commute to and from the cities, or across into New York, and with that many drivers on the road each day, the risk of traffic accidents increases exponentially. Residents should take the time to explore all the options for cheap car insurance Union City has available.
Cheap Car Insurance Union City Requirements
If you are caught driving without insurance you will face a fine between $300 and $1,000, a period of community services, and loss of your driver’s license for one year. New Jersey hopes that these stiff penalties will help lower the rate of uninsured drivers, and ultimately help consumers by lowering auto insurance rates.
- The state mandates that a “Basic Policy” be available to drivers who are facing financial hardship (usually reserved for young drivers), and includes:
- $15,000 of Personal Injury Protection
- $5,000 Property Damage liability
- This policy is the typical split-limit liability policy and includes the following minimum coverages:
- Bodily Injury liability: $15,000 per person, $30,000 per accident
- Property Damage liability: $5,000
- Personal Injury Protection: $15,000 per person or accident
The New Jersey MVC’s website is built to help consumers renew their drivers licenses, register their vehicles, and prepare for licensing exams (among other services). You can also change your address online, order your motor vehicle report, and pay registration fees and traffic fines.
Public Transportation In Union City
- New Jersey Transit bus service transportation is available to points in Hudson, Bergen, and Passaic counties and to the Port Authority Bus Terminal in Midtown Manhattan.
- Additional public transportation service is augmented by privately-operated dollar vans that link Union City to various points throughout the New York metropolitan area.