Get a Quote
The City of Passaic is located north of Newark on the Passaic River. The city and river were named from the Lenape word “pahsayèk” which has been variously attributed to mean “valley” or “place where the land splits. Passaic’s only land border is with neighboring Clifton, which borders Passaic to the north, south, and west. The Passaic River, which flows to the east of Passaic, provides the city with four additional borders across the water in Bergen County. The 2015 population is estimated at 71,085, still ranking it the 13th largest city in New Jersey. It is a good idea for residents to explore all the options for cheap car insurance Passaic has available. It will help save money in costly fines, and give you the protection you need for living in a large city.
Cheap Car Insurance Passaic Requirements
If you are caught driving without insurance you will face a fine between $300 and $1,000, a period of community services, and loss of your driver’s license for one year. New Jersey hopes that these stiff penalties will help lower the rate of uninsured drivers, and ultimately help consumers by lowering auto insurance rates.
- The state mandates that a “Basic Policy” be available to drivers who are facing financial hardship (usually reserved for young drivers), and includes:
- $15,000 of Personal Injury Protection
- $5,000 Property Damage liability
- This policy is the typical split-limit liability policy and includes the following minimum coverages:
- Bodily Injury liability: $15,000 per person, $30,000 per accident
- Property Damage liability: $5,000
- Personal Injury Protection: $15,000 per person or accident
The New Jersey MVC’s website is built to help consumers renew their drivers licenses, register their vehicles, and prepare for licensing exams (among other services). You can also change your address online, order your motor vehicle report, and pay registration fees and traffic fines.
Public Transportation In Passaic
Local bus transportation, much passing through the Passaic Bus Terminal, is provided by NJ Transit and Community Coach
NJ Transit’s Passaic rail station is located in the Passaic Park section, providing service on the Main Line southbound to Hoboken Terminal, and to Secaucus Junction.