Get a Quote
Hamilton Township is a township in Mercer County, New Jersey. The township is now the state’s 9th-largest municipality, after having been ranked 10th in 2000. It has a great location that is within an hour’s drive of New York City, Philadelphia, and the Jersey Shore. It is also close to Six Flag Great Adventure, quaint downtown Princeton and the historic State Capital of Trenton. It is also home to the nationally acclaimed Grounds For Sculpture, a 42 acre sculpture park, which draws over 150,000 visitors annually (pictured left). As of May 2010, the township had a total of 369.10 miles of roadways. Busy highways and a lot of tourist traffic makes the chance of being in a car accident more likely than in a smaller city. Residents should explore all the options for cheap car insurance Hamilton has available.
Cheap Car Insurance Hamilton Requirements
If you are caught driving without insurance you will face a fine between $300 and $1,000, a period of community services, and loss of your driver’s license for one year. New Jersey hopes that these stiff penalties will help lower the rate of uninsured drivers, and ultimately help consumers by lowering auto insurance rates.
- The state mandates that a “Basic Policy” be available to drivers who are facing financial hardship (usually reserved for young drivers), and includes:
- $15,000 of Personal Injury Protection
- $5,000 Property Damage liability
- This policy is the typical split-limit liability policy and includes the following car insurance coverage:
- Bodily Injury liability: $15,000 per person, $30,000 per accident
- Property Damage liability: $5,000
- Personal Injury Protection: $15,000 per person or accident
Public Transportation In Hamilton
- With the addition of the modern Hamilton train station located on Sloan Avenue just off I-295 at Exit 65B, the township has attracted more New York City-based commuters to the area.
- The station offers service on NJ Transit’s Northeast Corridor Line to New York Penn Station in Midtown Manhattan and to Trenton station where there is a SEPTA Trenton Line Regional Rail service to and from Philadelphia.
- NJ Transit provides public bus service between the township and Philadelphia and to Trenton.