How You Can Be Protected And Save
Los Angeles is the home of movie stars, traffic, mansions, nightlife, beaches and an abundance of things to do. When you live here, you realize that you are taking a risk if you don’t have insurance. Not only with car insurance because of the congestion. Not only with homeowners insurance because of the high price of homes. But also with renters insurance. Renting in Los Angeles is a great idea for many reasons. However, the theft rate in some areas is very high. Los Angeles is a maze of wonder and exploration, but if you live in an area with higher crime rates, you may be wanting that alarm system. No matter how you look at things, the world is getting more dangerous.
Renters insurance can help ease your mind when you live in a home that you don’t own. In L.A. that makes up a large percentage of the population. Many people choose to rent in this sunny city because the cost of housing recently has gone up. This means that more and more people want to rent. The problem you may run into is lack of available rentals, which means rental costs are one the rise. Because of this you will want to be the best tenant you can be. This means having great renters insurance that protects you and the house in which you live. Thanks to our partners at Lemonade.com, you can now attain the lowest rates around.
What To Look For When Shopping For Renters Insurance
First of all you will want to know a little bit about renters insurance and what it can do for you. Renters insurance is not required by law, but offers great protection for tenants. You don’t own the home so you don’t have an obligation to protect the house itself. The landlord should have homeowners insurance, but this doesn’t mean that you and your items will be insured.
Renting in Los Angeles can come with added risk. Because of this risk, you will want the Los Angeles renters insurance that’s right for you. There are a few ways to go about getting the best renters insurance you can.
Here is what they are:
- Go to Lemonade.com and get your quote for renters insurance through a reliable company. Cheap insurance has partnered with this new, innovative company that also gives back.
- Talk to a Cheap Insurance representative if you have any specific questions about renters insurance and how you can get discounts.
- Itemize the amenities in your home and document the condition that they are in.
- Understand the risks and liabilities involved with renting a house.
- Purchase Los Angeles instant renters insurance through Lemonade.com.
Who Is Lemonade?
Lemonade.com is a great new company that Cheap Insurance has had the privilege to partner with to get you the best deals on renters and homeowners insurance. Lemonade is a revolutionary new website that is your one stop shop for getting a great deal on protecting your home. Not only does this company give you instant access to the best prices around, but they also give back to the community. One of the best features when dealing with Lemonade is the fact that you always know what you can expect. There are no hidden fees and the prices will never spike unless you add more to your policy. More and more people are choosing to leave their traditional insurance companies and getting a better quote online. They are also known for having a super fast claims service.
Get your rental apartment/home + stuff insured in 90 secs with Lemonade Renters Insurance
Monthly subscription, starting at $5/month
No brokers, paperwork, or wait times
Instant Claims: File claims from your phone
Unclaimed Premium goes to a charity of your choice
Financial rating of A Exceptional, fully-regulated
What Does Renters Insurance Cover?
Here are some of the facts about the Los Angeles cheap renters insurance you need and what it can cover for you. Mainly, renters insurance is there for the tenant and not the landlord. There are a few things that cannot be covered through a renters insurance policy. These are:
- Aircraft, motor vehicles, and certain watercraft.
- Business property
- Expected or intentional bodily injury by the insured
Here are the things you can expect to get covered when you sign up today:
- Theft- if someone comes into your home and steals any personal property
- Fire or lightning damage- mother nature has a way of damaging property
- Smoke damage- a small kitchen fire can cause a lot of damage, be covered.
- Water damage- if there is any water damage to the house you are renting it could costs thousands to repair
- Hail or windstorm damage- Live in a place with high winds? Be prepared.
- Damage from falling objects- If a tree falls, it can cause some serious damage.
- Personal property- Jewelry, furs, fine art, and the excess things in your house not covered by theft.
- Dwelling- major property coverage that protects house and attached structures.
- Liability coverage-If someone is injured in your house, they could sue. Liability is a good idea.
- Medical payments to others- if someone is injured and needs to have medical care.
- Loss of use- which means that you will still be covered if the house you live in needs repairs from fire or other damages. This coverage helps with additional living expenses for you and your family.
Discounts And More
- Everyone likes to get a good discount from their insurance company. The best way to do this when shopping for renters insurance is to bundle your insurance with another policy. Using the same insurance company but bundling different policies will help you save. Insurance companies like to reward loyalty. So bundle your renters insurance with your car or motorcycle insurance and watch the numbers drop.
- The average price of renters insurance in the state of California annually is $207. That comes out to a little over $17 a month. That is very affordable! Especially for all of the things that renters insurance protects.
- You can increase your deductible to save on your monthly premium. This means that monthly your costs will be lower. If you need to take out a deductible if something happens, you will be paying more.
- You can save by paying your renters insurance up front in one annual payment or two bi-annual payments. Shave off some of your hard-earned money form your bill.
The Best Parts About Being A Renter In Los Angeles
More and more people are choosing to rent. This is mostly due to the rise in housing prices and the fact that for most, L.A. is out of their price range. Renting is a great option for so many. Whether you are young and just starting out, or wanting to downsize and get yourself more financial freedom, renting is a nice option.
Renting in Los Angeles is very dependent on where in the L.A. area you live. Your zip code defines a lot when it comes to getting renters insurance. When you live in a low-cost neighborhood, you might also be dealing with higher crime rates, more traffic and usually higher insurance rates.
Choosing to rent may be hard for some people. A lot of investors make it seem like owning a home is the only way to go. However, there are a lot of hidden costs when you choose to buy instead of rent. One of these costs is property tax. Another happens to be all the of the things you will have to fix sooner or later. From big items such as a roof which can cost upwards of 30 thousand dollars. To smaller things such as gutters, a homeowners job is never really over.
If you are a homeowner who rents out their home, you are called a landlord. The landlord is responsible for fixing things in the home that break. That could be anything from a new A/C to get through the summer, to plumbing, or structural repairs. To many, home ownership isn’t worth the hassle.
How To Keep Your Home Safe As A Tenant
Even if you don’t own a home, you will want to protect it.
There are a few ways to keep your home safe without breaking the bank.
- Get a deadbolt lock. There are also keyless locks which are not only handy, but look more intimidating to burglars.
- Put in a motion-censored light in the front of your house or where people usually walk. This bright light may deter a theft in your neighborhood.
- Put up a “no soliciting” sign in your front lawn.
- Make sure that all of the locks and windows are working properly in your home.
- Leave the front porch light on and an extra light on in your house if you leave on vacation.
- Get to know your neighbors and be friendly. You never know when you will need help.
- Have a alarm system installed in your house. Make sure you talk with your landlord about this and keep them informed of your changes.
- More break-ins happen in apartment buildings or condos than other types of homes. The National Crime Prevention Council has found that apartments are 85% more likely to be robbed than other homes. Home Insurance is required by law, but most renter’s in California don’t carry adequate insurance to protect themselves for this type of loss
- Make sure fire alarms and smoke detectors work properly.
How To Get The Quote I Need
First of all, read this blog and others to understand renters insurance and how it works. You can also call a broker today and ask all of the questions you want. Another idea is to talk with family and friends about their renters insurance policies and what has worked for them. Renting in Los Angeles is a booming business. Many people choose to rent over buying simply because it’s more affordable.
Get on board and ask the right questions now!
- Get your Los Angeles renters insurance quote through Lemonade.com. This company is transforming the way people buy their insurance. Don’t get left behind.
- You can also talk with a helpful representative here at Cheap Insurance. As your one-source agency, Cheap Insurance can help prepare safeguards for you that fit your finances and provide a broad spectrum of insurance companies and services to meet all your personal and commercial needs.
- A team of highly trained and talented professionals are available from 9:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M. Monday through Friday (closed holidays). Please have your policy number and the name of your insurance carrier ready for our Customer Service Representative when you call. For Customer Service, please call: (800) 486-1866.
Your Next Steps To Success!
Find out more about renters insurance by looking up Lemonade.com. This site is useful as well as easy to use. Remember to cultivate a good relationship with your landlord and keep them informed of any changes you may be making to your home. Talk to neighbors and keep an open communication with them. Check in with your insurance representative from time to time and make sure you are still getting the best deal possible on renters insurance. Bundle your renters insurance with your car or motorcycle insurance. The more you bundle, the more you save.
A lot of people rent here, for your own protection and piece of mind, it makes sense to get a great renter insurance policy. Take the less conventional route and understand more about Lemonade.com. They take out a fixed fee from your monthly insurance, pay reinsurance and pay the rest towards any future claim you may file. This unique company also gives back to the community by donating to charities and causes. You can use their APP to fully experience what Lemonade.com has to offer, which is not only convenient but helpful.
Get your cheap renters insurance policy today.