Named after George Washington, the state of Washington produces various fruits, particularly apples, pears, raspberries, and cherries. The rainy state is known as the birthplace of grunge music, Microsoft, and Starbucks.
If you drive in Washington, you will need car insurance. While rates are already below the national average, cheap car insurance is available in the state. Cheap Insurance can give you a free quote.
Quick Washington Car Insurance Facts
- Washington’s minimum requirement for insurance coverage is known as the 25/50/10 rule.
- For full auto insurance coverage in Washington, the average cost is $1,176 per year.
- For minimum coverage, expect to pay roughly $463 per year.
- In Washington, approximately 21.7% of drivers have no auto insurance.
Minimum Washington Car Insurance Coverage
Information about car insurance coverage requirements in Washington can be found on the state’s Department of Licensing website.
In Washington, drivers are required to have a minimum amount of insurance to pay for property damage and bodily injury. The minimum coverages must include the following:
Property damage: $10,000 per accident
Bodily injury/death: Bodily injury coverage in the amount of $25,000 per person and $50,000 per accident
Getting Cheap Car Insurance In Washington
Looking for cheap car insurance in Washington? There are many ways to get better rates, including the following:
- Compare rates. You don’t have to stick with your car insurance provider. Feel free to get quotes elsewhere, like from Cheap Insurance.
- Drive less. The less you drive, the less of a risk you are on the road. This translates to bigger savings.
- Increase your deductible. Lower deductibles mean higher premiums, so consider raising your deductible to save money. Just be sure to have enough money to pay your deductible if you plan to file a claim.
Washington Car Insurance Discounts
Less expensive car insurance coverage is available in Washington. Here are some common discounts to help you save even more:
- Good Driver: Ask your car insurance provider about discounts for safe driving. Many drivers with no accidents or tickets can save at least 10%.
- Good Student: Young drivers under the age of 25 who attend school and have a 3.0 GPA or better may qualify for discounts as much as 30%.
- Bundling: Using the same car insurance provider for multiple vehicles, home insurance, life insurance, and other policies can mean a huge discount.
- Safety Features: Buying a newer vehicle with multiple safety features can mean big savings.
What is the average car insurance cost in Washington?
You’ll pay $1,176 per year on average for car insurance coverage in Washington.
How much is car insurance per month in Washington?
On a monthly basis, car insurance coverage in Washington costs around $98.
What is the penalty for driving without insurance in Washington?
If you are caught driving without insurance in Washington, you could face a $550 fine.
What is driving like in Washington?
Washington is known as one of the worst states to drive in due to factors such as poor overall road quality, traffic congestion, steep gas prices, and high rates of car theft. Getting your license may be difficult, as the state has the hardest driving test in the nation.
How can I save money on my car insurance policy in Washington?
Here are some ways in which you can get cheap car insurance in the state:
- Get rid of coverage you don’t need for older vehicles.
- Pay at once. Instead of paying monthly, make a full payment every 6-12 months and save money.
- Choose the right car. Family cars are cheaper to insure than sports cars. Smaller cars are cheaper than SUVs.
Other Types of Coverage
While Washington requires a minimum amount of coverage, you may want to consider additional car insurance coverages such as the following:
Uninsured Motorist Coverage (UMC)/Underinsured Motorist coverage (UIM)
Medical Payments Coverage
Physical Damage Coverage
Additional kinds of coverage
Endorsements and Riders
- Towing and road service: With this coverage, you get roadside assistance in the event you need gas, a battery charge, flat tire change, or towing service.
- Rental car reimbursement: When you can’t drive your vehicle, get reimbursed for rental cars with this coverage.
- Gap insurance: This insurance covers the difference between what you owe on your vehicle and what it’s worth.
Cities We Cover In Washington
Request a quote for cheap car insurance in Washington. Does Cheap Insurance have your town covered?