Did you recently move to North Dakota? Or maybe you’re a long-time resident who just got their driver’s license or a new vehicle? In that case, you’re probably on the hunt for the best cheap car insurance in the state. And we’re here to assist you with free car insurance coverage quotes from a variety of providers. Click to get started!
Quick North Dakota Car Insurance Facts
Before you dive into your car insurance hunt, get to know the landscape by checking out these quick North Dakota car insurance facts:
- North Dakota car insurance rates are on the rise, costing an average of $512 per year or $43 per month.
- There are 545,027 drivers in North Dakota, 13% of which are uninsured.
- The state has an average of 95 fatal car accidents annually.
- North Dakota state law requires all drivers to carry car insurance that meets the limits of $25,000/$50,000 for bodily injury insurance and $25,000 for property damage.
Minimum North Dakota Car Insurance Coverage
North Dakota drivers must adhere to minimum car insurance coverage requirements or face penalties such as fees, jail time, and license suspension. Here are the current state minimum liability requirements:
- Bodily Injury: $25,000 for the death or injury of one other person and $50,000 per accident
- Property Damage: $25,000 total for death or injury of all affected people
- Uninsured Motorist: $25,000 per person and $50,000 per accident
- Underinsured Motorists: Equal to uninsured motorist coverage
- Basic No-Fault (PIP): $30,000 per person
Getting Cheap Car Insurance In North Dakota
Ready to find car insurance coverage that doesn’t break the bank? Follow these tips to help reduce your premium:
- Choose minimum coverage: Minimum coverage is always cheaper than full coverage, so start there if you’re on a budget.
- Compare many car insurance providers: Don’t settle for the first quote you receive! Shop around to ensure you’re getting the best deal.
- Always be on the defense: Defensive drivers are less likely to get in accidents or receive traffic tickets, which can run up your car insurance rates.
- North Dakota insurance programs: Find out if you qualify for state-run car insurance discount programs to reduce your premium.
North Dakota Car Insurance Discounts
We have more good news for you! Many car insurance providers offer discounts, such as:
- Good Driver: If you have a great driving record, you could end up paying less on car insurance.
- Good Student: Many teens and college students can qualify for cheap car insurance if they have good grades.
What is the average car insurance cost in North Dakota?
Car insurance in North Dakota costs about $512 annually, on average.
How much is car insurance per month in North Dakota?
The average driver pays about $43 per month for car insurance.
What is the penalty for driving without insurance in North Dakota?
Those who drive without car insurance in North Dakota could be required to pay fines, spend time in jail, or have their license and registration revoked for a period of time.
What is driving like in North Dakota?
There are about 95 fatal car accidents in North Dakota every year, and 13% of drivers are uninsured. The state boasts wide open spaces and many sparsely populated areas so that you won’t have as much company on the road.
How can I save money on my car insurance policy in North Dakota?
Looking for more ways to get cheap car insurance in North Dakota? Ask about the following discounts to further reduce your rates:
- Multi-car discounts
- Mature, student, or good driver discounts
- Airbags, anti-theft devices, or safety feature discounts
- Installment payment plan discounts
- High deductible discounts
Other Types of Coverage
Minimum car insurance coverage isn’t right for everyone. Here are some other types of coverage that may be important for your needs:
- Uninsured Motorist Coverage (UMC)/Underinsured Motorist coverage (UIM)
- Medical Payments Coverage
- Physical Damage Coverage
- Additional kinds of coverage
- Endorsements and Riders
- Towing and road service
- Rental car reimbursement
- Gap insurance
Cities We Cover In North Dakota
Cheap car insurance isn’t far from home. Check out Cheap Insurance in the following North Dakota cities: