Need cheap car insurance in New Hampshire? You’re in the right place. Cheap Insurance is happy to assist you in finding affordable car insurance coverage that gives you peace of mind on the road. And luckily, NH is a state where you’ll find low rates and relatively lenient car insurance laws. Click to get your free quote today.
Quick New Hampshire Car Insurance Facts
Learn the ropes of New Hampshire car insurance by checking out these fast facts before you shop:
- New Hampshire law requires all drivers to carry liability insurance with at least the following minimums: $25,000 per person for bodily injury, $50,000 per accident, and $25,000 for property damage.
- There are about 1 million drivers in New Hampshire.
- Approximately 6.1% of drivers are uninsured in NH.
- The average driver pays $744 for car insurance annually.
- About 134 fatal car accidents occur in NH every year.
Minimum New Hampshire Car Insurance Coverage
New Hampshire residents who drive on public roads are required to carry liability insurance that meets the following minimum rates:
- Bodily injury: $25,000 for the death or injury of one other person and $50,000 per accident
- Property damage: $25,000 total for death or injury of all affected people
- Medical payments coverage: $1,000 to cover medical expenses (regardless of fault)
- Uninsured motorist coverage: Must be equal to your liability coverage
Getting Cheap Car Insurance In New Hampshire
There are many tactics for finding cheap car insurance in New Hampshire. Check out these tips as you get quotes from car insurance providers in the state:
- Opt for minimum coverage: Save money by choosing minimum (rather than full) coverage in New Hampshire.
- Compare rates: Every provider offers different coverage and rates, so be sure to do your homework before choosing a plan.
- Be a defensive driver: Defensive drivers save money on car insurance coverage by avoiding tickets and traffic accidents.
- New Hampshire insurance programs: Your state may offer discounted insurance programs for service members, students, and more.
New Hampshire Car Insurance Discounts
Do you qualify for state car insurance discount programs? Get a quote to find out!
- Good Driver: Some drivers in New Hampshire can qualify for discounted car insurance by being a good driver.
- Good Student: High school and college students may be eligible for discounted insurance for having good grades.
What is the average car insurance cost in New Hampshire?
New Hampshire car insurance premiums cost an average of $744 annually.
How much is car insurance per month in New Hampshire?
Residents in New Hampshire pay about $62 per month for car insurance.
What is the penalty for driving without insurance in New Hampshire?
Driving without car insurance in NH could result in fines, or drivers could have their license and registration revoked or even spend time in jail.
What is driving like in New Hampshire?
There are an average of 124 fatal car accidents in New Hampshire every year, and about 6.1% of drivers are uninsured.
How can I save money on my car insurance policy in New Hampshire?
Check out these tips to save even more on your car insurance policy:
- Ask for discounts when insuring several cars.
- Ask for discounts for students or good drivers.
- Ask for discounts when your car has airbags, anti-theft devices, or other features.
- Ask about paying in an installment plan.
- Ask about high-deductible plans.
Other Types of Coverage
Minimum car insurance coverage may not be right for your needs. Consider these additional types of coverage for added security on the road:
- Uninsured Motorist Coverage (UMC)/Underinsured Motorist coverage (UIM)
- Medical Payments Coverage
- Physical Damage Coverage
- Additional kinds of coverage
- Endorsements and Riders
- Towing and road service
- Rental car reimbursement
- Gap insurance
Cities We Cover In New Hampshire
Cheap car insurance in New Hampshire is close to home. You can find Cheap Insurance in the following cities: