Searching for the best cheap car insurance in Maine? We’re here to help! If you’re a newly registered driver or just moved to the state, we’ll help you find the perfect car insurance coverage for your situation. Best of all? It won’t break the bank. Click to get your free quote today.
Quick Maine Car Insurance Facts
Learn more about car insurance coverage in Maine by reviewing these quick facts:
- There are about 1 million licensed drivers in Maine, along with 1.2 million registered vehicles.
- Minimum car insurance liability coverage requirements include $50,000 per person and $100,000 per accident for bodily injury, and $25,000 for property damage.
- Maine drivers must also carry at least $2,000 per person in medical payments coverage.
- Car insurance in Maine costs about $456 per year or $38 per month on average.
- There are about 137 deaths and 128 fatal crashes per year in Maine.
- 4.9% of Maine drivers are uninsured.
Minimum Maine Car Insurance Coverage
The state of Maine requires all drivers to protect themselves with minimum liability car insurance coverage. Minimum limits are as follows:
Bodily injury: $50,000 for the death or injury of one other person/$100,000 per accident
Property damage: $25,000 for property damage, including vehicles and stationary objects
Medical payments: $2,000 per person
Uninsured/underinsured motorists: $50,000 per person/$100,000 per accident
Getting Cheap Car Insurance In Maine
Finding great, cheap car insurance in Maine can be simpler than you think. Here are some ideas for landing good car insurance that fits within your budget:
- Sign up for minimum coverage: Minimum car insurance coverage is more affordable than full coverage.
- Shop around: Don’t settle for the first car insurance provider you seek out. Make sure you’re getting the best deal by shopping around first.
- Avoid accidents and tickets: Be a defensive driver and keep a good driving record to enjoy lower insurance premiums.
- Maine insurance programs: Find out if you qualify for Maine’s state-sponsored insurance discounts.
Maine Car Insurance Discounts
Talk to the team at Cheap Insurance to find out if you qualify for the following car insurance discounts:
Good Driver: Drivers who avoid traffic tickets, accidents, etc., are more likely to qualify for good driver discounts.
Good Student: If you’re attending high school or college and get good grades, your car insurance provider may offer you a discount on your premium.
What is the average car insurance cost in Maine?
Car insurance in Maine costs about $456 annually.
How much is car insurance per month in Maine?
Maine drivers pay an average of $38 per month for car insurance.
What is the penalty for driving without insurance in Maine?
If you’re found driving without car insurance in Maine, you could face fines of $100-500 and have your license and registration suspended.
What is driving like in Maine?
Roughly 4.9% of Maine’s 1 million drivers are uninsured. There is an average of 137 deaths from car accidents and 128 fatal crashes annually in the state.
How can I save money on my car insurance policy in Maine?
Check out these additional ways to save and get cheap car insurance in Maine:
- Get a discount for insuring more than one car
- Get a discount for being a mature or student driver
- Get a discount for airbags, anti-theft devices, and safety features
- Get a discount for choosing installment plans
- Get a discount for choosing a higher deductible
Other Types of Coverage
You may want to consider getting additional car insurance coverage, such as:
Uninsured Motorist Coverage (UMC)/Underinsured Motorist coverage (UIM)
Medical Payments Coverage
Physical Damage Coverage
Additional Kinds of Coverage
Endorsements and Riders
- Towing and road service
- Rental car reimbursement
- Gap insurance
Cities We Cover In Maine
Cheap car insurance isn’t far away! Find us nearby in:
Enter your Zip Code and get a
FREE QUOTE TODAY!