The great state of Idaho is a relatively affordable place to drive and insure a vehicle in America. And fortunately, you won’t have to hunt too long to find the perfect coverage for your needs. Start your journey toward cheap car insurance in Idaho by clicking to get a free quote from Cheap Insurance today.
Quick Idaho Car Insurance Facts
Finding cheap car insurance in Idaho starts with knowing the facts. Here’s a quick look at some car insurance-related laws and statistics in Idaho:
- Drivers in Idaho must carry a minimum of $25,000 for bodily injury for one person, $50,000 for total bodily injury, and $15,000 for property damage.
- All drivers must have uninsured motorist coverage equal to the amount of chosen bodily injury coverage.
- Violation of Idaho’s car insurance laws could lead to a $1,000 fine or six months in jail.
- About 13% of Idaho drivers are uninsured, ranking the state as 20th in the nation for uninsured drivers.
- There are about 1.2 million licensed drivers in Idaho.
- Approximately 224 people die in car accidents in Idaho every year.
Minimum Idaho Car Insurance Coverage
Every Idaho driver must carry liability car insurance that meets minimum state law requirements. Coverage minimums are as follows:
Bodily injury: $25,000 for the death or injury of one other person
Bodily injury: $50,000 total for death or injury of all affected people
Property damage: $15,000 for property damage, including vehicles and stationary objects
Getting Cheap Car Insurance In Idaho
Looking for tips on finding cheap car insurance in Idaho? The process can be easy when you use the following techniques:
Start with the minimum: Minimum car insurance is cheaper than full coverage, so it’s best to start there when you’re on a budget.
Compare several insurance firms: Shop around to find the best rates and coverage options—every car insurance provider has different offerings.
Be a defensive driver: Stay on the defense to avoid car accidents and traffic violations, which could raise your monthly car insurance rates.
Idaho insurance programs: Qualifying for state programs could provide you with a discount on car insurance.
Idaho Car Insurance Discounts
Here are a few Idaho car insurance discounts to look out for as you shop for cheap car insurance.
Good Driver: Drivers with a good record qualify for cheaper car insurance coverage than those who have received several tickets or been in car accidents.
Good Student: Young drivers may qualify for discounted car insurance if they get good grades.
What is the average car insurance cost in Idaho?
Idaho car insurance coverage costs an average of $722 annually, which is the 47th highest rate in the nation.
How much is car insurance per month in Idaho?
Car insurance in Idaho costs an average of $60 per month.
What is the penalty for driving without insurance in Idaho?
Those who drive uninsured in Idaho could face a $1,000 fine or spend up to six months in jail.
What is driving like in Idaho?
Approximately 13% of Idaho drivers do not have car insurance. There are more than 1.2 million licensed drivers in Idaho and about 224 fatal car accidents annually.
How can I save money on my car insurance policy in Idaho?
Check out these ways to save money on your car insurance coverage in Idaho:
- Ask about discounts for insuring several cars.
- Ask about student drivers and good driver discounts.
- Ask about discounts for safety and anti-theft devices.
- Ask about paying in installments.
- Ask about higher deductible plans.
Other Types of Coverage
Is minimum car insurance coverage inadequate for your needs? Consider the following coverage options:
Uninsured Motorist Coverage (UMC)/Underinsured Motorist coverage (UIM)
Medical Payments Coverage
Physical Damage Coverage
Additional kinds of coverage
Endorsements and Riders
- Towing and road service
- Rental car reimbursement
- Gap insurance
Cities We Cover In Idaho
Cheap car insurance is close by. Find us in a town near you!
Enter your Zip Code and get a
FREE QUOTE TODAY!