Are you looking for cheap car insurance in Alaska? We have great news. Car insurance that won’t break the bank is just a few steps away. Start your journey toward affordable rates by getting a free quote from Cheap Insurance today.
Quick Alaska Car Insurance Facts
Alaska has some of the harshest driving conditions in the US—with extreme snow, rain, and active wildlife. Here are a few more facts you should know about car insurance coverage in Alaska.
- Alaska requires drivers to carry a minimum of $50,000 bodily injury coverage per person.
- Drivers must also have a minimum of $100,000 coverage per accident.
- Alaska has a fault system, meaning those deemed responsible for the accident must cover losses up to their policy limits.
- There are 529,281 licensed drivers in Alaska.
- Car registration lasts for 2 years.
- Car insurance premiums cost an annual average of $1,559 for full coverage and $373 for minimum coverage.
Minimum Alaska Car Insurance Coverage
The state requires Alaska drivers to obtain a minimum car insurance coverage for bodily injury and property damage. These minimums include:
- Bodily injury: $50,000 per person for bodily injury and $100,000 per accident
- Property damage: $25,000 total for property damage per accident
Getting Cheap Car Insurance In Alaska
Sometimes getting cheap car insurance in Alaska is as easy as asking about qualifying programs. Here are some ways to get budget-friendly premiums.
- Compare prices: Every car insurance provider has different prices, so it’s best to shop around before deciding on the best option for you.
- Avoid unnecessary coverage: Don’t pay for coverage you don’t need.
- Change your payment schedule: Enrolling in automatic or online payments could reduce your car insurance coverage rates.
- Alaska insurance programs: State programs often provide car insurance discounts to service members and other qualifying drivers.
Alaska Car Insurance Discounts
Here are some insurance discounts that you may be eligible for:
- Good Driver: In Alaska, some drivers can receive a discount just for being a good driver.
- Good Student: Are you a young adult driver? If so, you may be able to receive a good student discount on your car insurance.
What is the average car insurance cost in Alaska?
How much is car insurance per month in Alaska?
Monthly rates for car insurance in Alaska average between $31 and $130.
What is the penalty for driving without insurance in Alaska?
Those who drive without a license in Alaska may be subject to a fine or have their license and registration revoked.
What is driving like in Alaska?
How can I save money on my car insurance policy in Alaska?
Save money on your car insurance coverage by following these tips:
- Inquire about multi-car discounts when insuring more than one vehicle
- Apply for mature driver and good driver discounts
- Ask about discounts for safety features like anti-theft devices and airbags
- Pay your premium using an installment plan
- Switch to a higher deductible plan
Other Types of Coverage
Many drivers should consider additional types of coverage for greater peace of mind when driving. Here are other popular types of insurance:
- Uninsured Motorist Coverage (UMC)/Underinsured Motorist coverage (UIM)
- Medical Payments Coverage
- Physical Damage Coverage
- Additional kinds of coverage
- Endorsements and Riders
- Towing and road service
- Rental car reimbursement
- Gap insurance
Cities We Cover In Alaska
Your search for cheap car insurance in Alaska ends here. Cheap Insurance is your source for affordable car insurance premiums in the following Alaska cities:
Enter your Zip Code and get a
FREE QUOTE TODAY!