Virginia is certainly a great place to live with lush, thick forests and an abundance of culture and history. Another perk of the state? Virginians enjoy some of the lowest car insurance rates in the country. Yet many people are still paying more than they’d like to for car insurance. Fortunately, cheap car insurance is easy to find with Cheap Insurance.
Quick Virginia Car Insurance Facts
Here’s what you should know about car insurance in Virginia:
- The average driver in Virginia pays less than $1,300 per year for car insurance.
- The gap between basic car insurance and full auto insurance can amount to $700 or more per year.
- Car insurance in Virginia is ranked #43 in the nation in recent surveys.
- The average person spends about $106 a month on auto insurance in Virginia.
Minimum Virginia Car Insurance Coverage
The state of Virginia requires every driver to carry minimum insurance for bodily injury, property damage liability, and uninsured motorist property damage. Minimums include:
- Bodily injury: $25,000 per person and $50,000 per covered traffic event
- Property damage: A flat $20,000 per covered traffic event
- Uninsured motorist property damage: $20,000 per covered traffic event
Getting Cheap Car Insurance In Virginia
Ready to enjoy the benefits of cheap car insurance? Here are some tips for getting a more affordable premium:
1. Sign up for minimum coverage: Minimum coverage is sufficient for some drivers. If it suits your needs, you’ll save money by going basic.
2. Compare car insurance providers: Car insurance coverage rates can vary from one provider to another, so make sure to shop around.
3. Keep on the defense: You never know what can happen on the road. Stay alert and defensive to minimize the chance of an accident.
4. Virginia insurance programs: Look into Virginia insurance programs to see if you qualify for a discounted rate
Virginia Car Insurance Discounts
You may be able to get a car insurance discount if you have a good driving record. Here are some potential options:
- Good Driver: If you meet certain requirements, you could qualify for a good driver discount.
- Good Student: Are you a teen or young adult student? If so, you may get a discount through your car insurance provider.
What is the average car insurance cost in Virginia?
Average car insurance rates are about $1,300 annually.
How much is car insurance per month in Virginia?
Average car insurance premiums are about $106 per month, but those with basic coverage could pay as little as $33 a month.
What is the penalty for driving without insurance in Virginia?
Those who drive without car insurance in Virginia could pay up to $500 in fines, be charged with a Class 3 misdemeanor, lose their driver’s license, and have their vehicle registration and license plates revoked.
What is driving like in Virginia?
How can I save money on my car insurance policy in Virginia?
Save money on your policy by following these steps:
- Find out if you qualify for multi-car discounts (if insuring multiple cars)
- See if you qualify for mature driver or good driver discounts
- Get discounts for having airbags, anti-theft devices, or other safety features in your vehicle
- Ask about payment installment plans
- Consider higher deductibles for comprehensive and collision coverage
Other Types of Coverage
Uninsured Motorist Coverage (UMC)/Underinsured Motorist coverage (UIM)
Medical Payments Coverage
Physical Damage Coverage
Additional kinds of coverage
Endorsements and Riders
- Towing and road service
- Rental car reimbursement
- Gap insurance
Cities We Cover In Virginia
Cheap car insurance is always close by when you shop with Cheap Insurance. Find us in a city near you, including: