Finding cheap car insurance in Arkansas doesn’t need to be a chore. Whether you’re new to the state or recently bought a new vehicle, we can help you find the right car insurance coverage for your needs—at a price you can afford. Start the process today by getting a free quote.
Quick Arkansas Car Insurance Facts
Check out these quick facts to learn more about car insurance in Arkansas:
- Arkansas ranks #16 for the most expensive car insurance in America.
- About 17% of Arkansas drivers are uninsured.
- The state has a higher rate of traffic accident fatalities than the national average.
- Severe weather events (like winter storms and floods) are growing more common in Arkansas, driving up the price of car insurance.
- Car insurance in Arkansas costs about $145 per month.
Minimum Arkansas Car Insurance Coverage
State laws in Arkansas require drivers to carry minimum insurance for bodily injury and property damage liability, including:
- Bodily liability: $25,000 per individual and $50,000 per covered traffic event
- Property damage liability: $25,000 per individual
Getting Cheap Car Insurance In Arkansas
Car insurance providers may offer discounts for the following criteria:
- Good Driver: Do you have a clean driving record? If so, you could qualify for a good driver discount on insurance.
- Good Student: Teens and young adults with a great driving record can also qualify for discounted insurance premiums.
What is the average car insurance cost in Arkansas?
Arkansas car insurance premiums are about $470 for minimum coverage and close to $2,000 for full coverage per year.
How much is car insurance per month in Arkansas?
In Arkansas, cheap car insurance can cost less than $40 a month, while full car insurance may cost up to $145 monthly.
What is the penalty for driving without insurance in Arkansas?
Arkansas has some of the strictest laws related to uninsured motorists. Drivers with a lapsed insurance policy will get a notice and a $100 reinstatement fee. Driving without a license could also result in the suspension of vehicle registration and license.
What is driving like in Arkansas?
How can I save money on my car insurance policy in Arkansas?
Save money on your car insurance coverage by following these tips:
- Ask about discounts for insuring more than one car.
- Ask about discounts for young, mature, or good drivers.
- Ask about discounts for having safety features in the vehicle.
- Ask about paying your premium via installments.
- Ask about a high deductible plan.
Other Types of Coverage
Minimum car insurance coverage simply isn’t enough for many drivers. Here are some other types to consider:
- Uninsured Motorist Coverage (UMC)/Underinsured Motorist coverage (UIM)
- Medical Payments Coverage
- Physical Damage Coverage
- Additional kinds of coverage
- Endorsements and Riders
- Towing and road service
- Rental car reimbursement
- Gap insurance
Cities We Cover In Arkansas
Don’t wait to get the cheap car insurance coverage you need. Cheap Insurance has you covered with car insurance providers in the following cities: