Cheap Insurance Kentucky
Driving in Kentucky
There are 5 major interstate highways having speed limits of 65 and 70 MPH. In 2006 the Kentucky toll road system was completely abolished. Overall, Kentucky doesn't suffer from the congestion problems more populated states face, and this has gone a long way towards keeping premiums low. Still, if you are shopping, it pays to explore every option for cheap insurance Kentucky has available. The more comparison quotes you get, the lower your premiums will be.
For instance, an average 40-year old man, driving a 2014 Toyota Camry in Kentucky, with full coverage and liability limits of 100/300/50 will pay around $116 a year. This average is based on multiple Kentucky zip codes, and comparison quotes from multiple insurance carriers. Give us a call, or submit your information on our website to see what your average will be.
The average 12-month car insurance premium in Kentucky is around $800, depending on the chosen coverage. Penalties for failure to carry current insurance on a registered car in Kentucky include immediate registration revocation, a fine between $500 and $1,000 and/or up to 90 days in jail.
Kentucky allows out-of-state students and military members to maintain their out-of-state car registration with proof of enrollment or enlistment.
State Car Insurance Requirements
- The mandatory minimum bodily injury coverage per individual in Kentucky is $25,000.
- The mandatory minimum bodily injury coverage per accident in Kentucky is $50,000.
- The mandatory minimum property damage coverage per accident in Kentucky is $10,000.
Did you know?
- Kentucky has real horsepower. The Churchill Downs racetrack in Louisville, Kentucky is home to the annual Kentucky Derby – the oldest continuously held horse race in the country.
- There are over 2.9 million drivers in the state, with over 3.6 million registered vehicles.
The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet handles most auto-related matters. Consumers can find info on licensing, registering vehicles, as well as Kentucky's unique traffic laws.
Vehicle registrations in Kentucky are handled by the county clerk’s offices, and the website has a listing with a map.
Average Annual Premiums in Kentucky = $1,572 | via Insure.com