Home to great rivers and adjacent to even greater lakes, Wisconsin offers many outdoor activities, from fishing and hunting to beer brewery tours. If you plan to drive in the state and enjoy it to the fullest, you need to get cheap car insurance.
Fortunately, Wisconsin has lower-than-average car insurance rates. To get started, contact Cheap Insurance and see how you can save money.
Quick Wisconsin Car Insurance Facts
- Wisconsin’s minimum coverage requirement must have policy limits of 25/50/10.
- Want full coverage? The average cost in Wisconsin is $1,186 per year.
- For minimum coverage, a driver can expect to pay approximately $332 per year.
- Approximately 13% of Wisconsin drivers are uninsured.
Minimum Wisconsin Car Insurance Coverage
Wisconsin requires drivers to have minimum insurance for bodily injury and property damage liability. This includes the following auto insurance coverages:
Property damage: $10,000 coverage for a single accident
Bodily injury/death: $25,000 for bodily injury per person, $50,000 for bodily injury per accident
Getting Cheap Car Insurance In Wisconsin
Looking for discounts? Get cheap car insurance in Wisconsin by following these tips:
- Compare rates. A comparison website can easily help you find the best rate. And this is where Cheap Insurance truly shines.
- Drive safely. Avoid accidents, speeding tickets, and DUIs, and your car insurance provider may offer you a discount.
- Move to the country. Your ZIP code is used to determine your insurance rates. Rural areas are cheaper than cities, so if you’ve always dreamed of country life, living there could save you money.
Wisconsin Car Insurance Discounts
Car insurance coverage in Wisconsin is cheaper than the national average, but why not save money with these possible discounts?
Good Driver: Good drivers get into fewer accidents, so they’re cheaper to insure. Many car insurance providers offer discounts for drivers with no accidents or claims.
Good Student: Good grades in school may get you cheaper car insurance. Some drivers can save 10% or more.
Low Mileage: The more you drive, the more likely you’ll get into an accident. Drive fewer miles and save.
Driving Experience: The more experience you have driving, the less you’ll pay. That’s why teens pay higher rates than middle-aged drivers.
What is the average car insurance cost in Wisconsin?
Car insurance coverage in Wisconsin costs $1,186 per year, on average.
How much is car insurance per month in Wisconsin?
The average cost for car insurance coverage in Wisconsin is approximately $99 per month.
What is the penalty for driving without insurance in Wisconsin?
Driving without car insurance in Wisconsin can result in a $500 fine.
What is driving like in Wisconsin?
Wisconsin has some scenic routes if you’re looking for a nice drive. Overall, though, the state’s roads are poorly maintained, so be cautious when driving. In the winter, heavy snow and ice can make the roads especially treacherous.
How can I save money on my car insurance policy in Wisconsin?
To get cheap car insurance in Wisconsin, follow these tips:
- Improve your credit, as it can be used to set your insurance rates.
- Ask about the best payment options to get a discount, such as paying for your premium all at once.
- Remove unnecessary coverage from older vehicles.
Other Types of Coverage
Wisconsin requires a minimum amount of insurance coverage to operate a vehicle. Get more protection with these additional car insurance coverages:
Uninsured Motorist Coverage (UMC)/Underinsured Motorist coverage (UIM)
Medical Payments Coverage
Physical Damage Coverage
Additional kinds of coverage
Endorsements and Riders
- Towing and road service
- Rental car reimbursement
- Gap insurance
Cities We Cover In Wisconsin
Cheap car insurance is available in Wisconsin. We cover the following cities:
Enter your Zip Code and get a
FREE QUOTE TODAY!