Utah is known for its beautiful landscapes. It’s home to five national parks and the largest salt water lake on the western side of the world. You’ll find many outdoor activities to choose from all year round, as well as low crime rates and a diverse economy.
Another thing you can find in Utah is cheap car insurance. In fact, the state’s insurance rates are cheaper than the national average.
Get a free quote from Cheap Insurance today and decrease your premiums. You could save hundreds of dollars.
Quick Utah Car Insurance Facts
- Utah drivers will need minimum coverage with 25/65/15 policy limits.
- For full insurance coverage in Utah, drivers pay $1,186 per year, on average.
- For minimum coverage in Utah, drivers can expect to pay roughly $332 per year.
- In Utah, approximately 8% of drivers have no car insurance.
Minimum Utah Car Insurance Coverage
Information about vehicle insurance requirements in Utah can be found on the state’s Division of Motor Vehicles website.
To drive in Utah, motorists must have minimum coverage to pay for bodily injury and property damage caused by a crash. These coverages include the following:
Property damage: $15,000 per accident
Bodily injury/death: Bodily injury coverage of $25,000 per person, $65,000 per accident
Getting Cheap Car Insurance In Utah
Getting cheap car insurance is not too difficult. If you’re looking to save money, here are some tips to help:
- Get a free quote. Stop spending time researching and comparing car insurance providers. Let Cheap Insurance help you get a free quote.
- Drive safely. Drivers without claims or traffic tickets can save 10% or more on insurance.
- Downsize your vehicle. A smaller vehicle is cheaper to insure than a larger one, so trade in the SUV for a sedan. Buy a hybrid or electric car and save even more.
Utah Car Insurance Discounts
Try to save as much as possible with cheap car insurance. These discounts can help:
Good Driver: Talk with your car insurance provider about discounts for safe driving and no accidents or tickets.
Good Student: High school and college students with good grades can save on car insurance.
Good credit: Some car insurance providers will check your credit and give you better rates for better credit, as it means a person is generally more responsible.
Location: Your insurance rates are based on your ZIP code, so where you live makes a difference. Those in rural areas pay less than those in the city.
What is the average car insurance cost in Utah?
Car insurance coverage in Utah has an average cost of roughly $1,186 per year.
How much is car insurance per month in Utah?
You can expect to pay around $99 per month on average in Utah.
What is the penalty for driving without insurance in Utah?
If you are caught driving without insurance in Utah, you will be charged with a Class B misdemeanor and ordered to pay a $400 fine.
What is driving like in Utah?
Utah residents like to drive fast, with some speed limits reaching 80 miles per hour. The state has some of the best roads in the country, but be wary of Moki Dugway, which is carved into a mountain and known as one of the scariest roads in Utah. There can also be bad drivers who don’t always follow the traffic laws, so be alert.
How can I save money on my car insurance policy in Utah?
Save money on your car insurance in Utah with these tips:
- Understand which payment options will save you money, such as online bill pay and paying in full.
- Review your policy and get rid of coverages you don’t need.
- Install anti-theft devices in your vehicles and you may get a discount.
Other Types of Coverage
While you need to have at least the minimum auto insurance coverage in Utah, you can always add more. Here are some other car insurance coverages in Utah to consider:
Uninsured Motorist Coverage (UMC)/Underinsured Motorist coverage (UIM)
Medical Payments Coverage
Physical Damage Coverage
Additional kinds of coverage
Endorsements and Riders
- Towing and road service: This coverage includes roadside assistance such as battery charges, gas, and tow truck service.
- Rental car reimbursement: This coverage provides reimbursement for renting a car due to an accident.
- Gap insurance: This insurance pays the balance of your auto loan in the event your vehicle is totaled.
Cities We Cover In Utah
Cheap Insurance covers the Utah area. See what rates we can offer for you. We cover these cities in Utah:
Enter your Zip Code and get a
FREE QUOTE TODAY!