If you’re a new driver or new resident in Maryland, you’re sure to be on the hunt for cheap car insurance that gives you the coverage you need. Look no further! Cheap Insurance is here to help you find the right car insurance coverage for any situation. Request a free quote to get started.
Quick Maryland Car Insurance Facts
Maryland is one of the most expensive states for car insurance, but that doesn’t mean you can’t find affordable coverage (with a little research). Here are some important facts you should know about car insurance coverage in Maryland:
- All Maryland drivers must carry minimum car insurance, including $30,000 for bodily injury, $60,000 for two or more people, and $15,000 for property damage.
- Penalties for driving uninsured include a fine of up to $2,500 and suspension of vehicle registration or vehicle impounding.
- About 14% of Maryland drivers are uninsured.
- There are nearly 4.5 million drivers in Maryland.
- Maryland has a rate of 8.6 fatal motor vehicle crashes per 100,000 people annually.
Minimum Maryland Car Insurance Coverage
Maryland law requires minimum insurance for bodily injury and property damage liability. All drivers in the state must carry at least the following car insurance coverages:
Bodily injury: $30,000 for one person or $60,000 for 2 or more people
Property damage: $15,000
Getting Cheap Car Insurance In Maryland
Are you having trouble finding cheap car insurance in Maryland? Here are some tips to help you find adequate coverage on a budget.
- Be a good driver: The fewer tickets and traffic incidents you have, the lower your monthly premium will be.
- Shop among several car insurance providers: Every provider has different prices and offerings, so be sure to shop around.
- Decrease your mileage: The more time you spend driving, the higher your driving risk—and the higher your premium.
- Maryland insurance programs: Find out if you qualify for state-sponsored discount programs.
Maryland Car Insurance Discounts
The state of Maryland offers some car insurance discounts, including:
Good Driver: Drivers with a good record could qualify for discounted premium rates.
Good Student: Teen or young adult drivers in Maryland can qualify for discounted car insurance—just for having good grades.
What is the average car insurance cost in Maryland?
How much is car insurance per month in Maryland?
Monthly car insurance rates in Maryland break down to an average of $100 a month.
What is the penalty for driving without insurance in Maryland?
Uninsured drivers in Maryland could face fines of up to $2,500 per vehicle and have their license and registration suspended.
What is driving like in Maryland?
How can I save money on my car insurance policy in Maryland?
Maryland drivers could save money by asking their car insurance provider about discounts related to:
- Having a good driving record
- Driving a car with safety devices
- Driving a car with anti-theft devices
- Insuring multiple cars
- Being a good student
- Taking driver education courses
- Using a renewal discount
- Choosing a high deductible
Other Types of Coverage
Minimum coverage may not be adequate for your driving needs. Consider additional coverage in Maryland, such as:
Uninsured Motorist Coverage (UMC)/Underinsured Motorist coverage (UIM)
Medical Payments Coverage
Physical Damage Coverage
Additional Kinds of Coverage
Endorsements and Riders
- Towing and road service
- Rental car reimbursement
- Gap insurance
Cities We Cover In Maryland
You don’t have to look far for cheap car insurance in Maryland! Find us in this town near you:
Enter your Zip Code and get a
FREE QUOTE TODAY!