So you’re on the hunt for cheap car insurance in Indiana? We can help! Whether you’ve just moved to the state or you’re a new driver, we are happy to assist you in finding the best car insurance coverage for your situation. Get a free quote today to kick off the process.
Quick Indiana Car Insurance Facts
Finding cheap car insurance is much easier when you’ve done a little bit of research. Here are some important things you should know about car insurance in the Hoosier State:
- Most drivers pay about $1,202 for car insurance annually.
- Car insurance rates are typically a bit higher in Indiana’s most populated cities, such as Indianapolis and Fort Wayne.
- Indiana drivers are required to carry minimum insurance of $25,000 for bodily injury to one person or $50,000 for multiple people, as well as a minimum of $25,000 for property damage.
- Roughly 16% of Indiana drivers are uninsured.
- There are more than five million licensed drivers in Indiana and more than six million registered vehicles.
Minimum Indiana Car Insurance Coverage
The state of Indiana requires all drivers to carry car insurance that meets the following minimum requirements:
Bodily injury: $25,000 for one person or $50,000 for multiple people
Property damage: $25,000 total for property damage, including vehicles and stationary objects
Getting Cheap Car Insurance In Indiana
Cheap car insurance in Indiana doesn’t have to be hard to find. Use these tips to get affordable coverage that meets your unique driving needs:
- Consider minimum coverage: If you’re only insuring one car and driver and don’t have any special circumstances, minimum coverage may be adequate for your needs.
- Shop several car insurance providers: Compare car insurance providers to find the best deal.
- Avoid accidents and tickets: Having a good driving record will reduce the cost of car insurance premiums.
- Indiana insurance programs: Check if you qualify for any state-sponsored car insurance discount programs.
Indiana Car Insurance Discounts
Do you qualify for Indiana car insurance discounts? Here are a few options to consider when shopping around:
Good Driver: Drivers who avoid car accidents, tickets, and other traffic violations may be able to receive discounted car insurance rates.
Good Student: If you’re a teenager or college student with good grades, you could qualify for discounted insurance.
What is the average car insurance cost in Indiana?
The average cost of car insurance in Indiana is about $488 for minimum coverage
How much is car insurance per month in Indiana?
Monthly car insurance costs in Indiana are around $41 per month for minimum coverage.
What is the penalty for driving without insurance in Indiana?
Drivers without car insurance in Indiana could have their license suspended or face a fine of $500.
What is driving like in Indiana?
There are about 809 deaths from car accidents in Indiana every year. About 16% of Indiana’s five million drivers are uninsured.
How can I save money on my car insurance policy in Indiana?
Don’t pay more than you need to for car insurance. You may be able to reduce your premium by asking about:
- Multi-car discounts
- Student, mature, or good driver discounts
- Discounts for safety features
- Paying in installments
- High-deductible coverage
Other Types of Coverage
Minimum car insurance coverage isn’t right for everyone. You may want to consider additional types of coverage, such as:
Uninsured Motorist Coverage (UMC)/Underinsured Motorist coverage (UIM)
Medical Payments Coverage
Physical Damage Coverage
Additional kinds of coverage
Endorsements and Riders
- Towing and road service
- Rental car reimbursement
- Gap insurance
Cities We Cover In Indiana
Cheap car insurance is close to home when you live in Indiana. We cover the following cities near you:
Enter your Zip Code and get a
FREE QUOTE TODAY!