I’ve been driving for over 50 years, shouldn’t I get a discount?
I’ve had the same insurance provider for a long time, but is there something I’m missing?
I’ve been driving for a long time and my record has some blemishes.
Safety tips for older drivers
- Schedule regular vision and hearing tests. It’s important to stay up-to-date with your vision and hearing.
- Refresh your driving skills. We offer an insurance policy discount for those who take driving classes. These classes help you up your defensive driving skills and advise smart driving decisions.
- Stay physically active. Your body needs activity to be alert and responsive. Driving can be especially dangerous when the driver lacks in either area. Spend 30 minutes per day walking to increase your agility and response time.
- Know your limitations. Know the conditions and speeds that make you uncomfortable. In addition, know the limitations of of your vehicle. Know how fast, responsive, and agile your vehicle is.
- Drive under optimal conditions. Try to avoid driving at night and in poor weather conditions. Plan ahead to avoid getting caught in driving conditions that make you uncomfortable.
- Drive a car that meets your needs. Many therapist and agencies offer courses that help you find the right vehicle for your needs.