Get a Quote
In addition to being incredibly beautiful, Daytona Beach is historically known for the hard-packed sand that allows motorized vehicles to drive on the beach in restricted areas. This has made Daytona Beach a mecca for motorsports, and the home of the Daytona International Speedway. The city is also the headquarters for NASCAR, and over 200,000 fans come to attend the season-opening of the Daytona 500. It now has an estimated 2015 population of 64,736, and attracts over 8,000,000 tourists each year. These facts make it especially important that residents find all the options for cheap car insurance Daytona Beach has to offer. Since it is south Florida, make sure you have protection against mother nature as well!
Cheap Car Insurance Daytona Beach Requirements
- Florida state is a “no-fault,” meaning that an individual’s insurance company covers their losses regardless of fault.
- Florida requires a minimum of $10,000 for Personal Injury Protection.
- Florida also requires a minimum of $10,000 Property Damage Liability.
- Driving without insurance in Florida can result in a suspension of your registration or driving privileges, and a reinstatement fee of between $150 and $500, plus the cost of insurance.
- Keep your mileage low. Most insurance companies take your annual mileage into account when calculating your rates. After all, the more you drive the better your chances of getting into an accident. If you can carpool, bike, or take public transportation to work, it’s worth considering. You might save a lot on your auto insurance.
- Most insurance professionals will agree that the best way to save money is to check your rates against competitors. We suggest doing so at least twice a year (more, if possible).
Public Transportation In Daytona Beach
- Daytona Beach is served by Greyhound Bus Lines, which has a terminal located at 138 South Ridgewood Avenue (US 1). The Greyhound routes from Daytona Beach connect with hubs in Jacksonville and Orlando.
- VoTran is the local bus service provided by Volusia County.