Get The Best Rates On Renters Insurance Now
The price of homes in the San Francisco area has sky-rocketed over the past few years. The city by the bay has never been the most affordable, and that is why so many people choose to rent. The best part about living in San Francisco is the availability to shopping, fine dining, the ocean and just about everything else. No wonder this great city has one of the largest tourism economies in the world. People just can’t stay away from this metropolis. If you choose to live and work here you need to make a choice: to rent or to buy.
For most people, real estate is out of the question. This is why renting is such a huge market in San Francisco. There tends to be just under the amount of housing needed to keep everyone happy. With infrastructure going up daily, you would think that things would even out. But the renting market is crazy and just seems to be getting more and more expensive. This is one reason why so many people want to rely on the San Francisco cheap renters insurance everyone wants.
Here are some great answers to this sometimes difficult question.
- Many times when you are just starting out, you won’t have enough saving for a down payment.
- The average home price in San Francisco is over 1 million dollars. That is the average, not the outlier. Most people, especially when single, cannot afford this type of home.
- Renting can give you the ability to live hassle-free. There is rarely maintenance on your home and if there is, you don’t have to pay for it. The best part about having something break in a rental, such as an oven, is that the landlord has to replace it. When you own, there are countless items that need yearly maintenance.
- Utilities can be cheaper. Sometimes utilities are included in your monthly rent. Other times the utilities are cheaper because living in an apartment or condo, instead of a house, means a smaller space.
Even more reasons…
- Renters insurance is almost always cheaper than homeowners insurance. San Francisco renters insurance can be as low as $15 a month!
- When you rent, you are able to move and get out of your situation easier (sometimes). When you live your life signing a lease, you can choose to sign a month-to-month agreement. This means you are free to move with only 30 days notice. When you own a house, especially if the market is low, selling may not be the right option for you. Selling and signing the final paperwork can also take months. You as the seller are also obligated to pay for the real estate agent’s percentages. This can put you at a loss unless your home has significantly gone up in value.
- Cost. Plain and simple. A recent survey showed that to live comfortably in a place like San Fran, you will need to make at least 123 thousand dollars a year. That is for a single person with no children. Renting and San Francisco affordable renters insurance can be a way to cut costs.
Got Lemons? Make Lemonade.
When Lemonade.com decided to partner with Cheap Insurance to get you the best and most reliable renters insurance quote, it was a match made in heaven. Now you can afford the renters insurance you need without leaving the computer. Lemonade.com is offering an incredibly successful and revolutionary product.
Here is how it works:
- If you want an instant quote from a reputable company, this is the place to go.
- You can get insurance for the home you live in as well as all of your items in that home covered.
- Lemonade has what they call a “zero program”. This means you can count on every single insurance policy you buy from them, or through them, should never spike in price. Unlike those other tricky online insurance calculators, with Lemonade, what you see is what you get.
- Great prices on a monthly subscription. This means you pay the lowest rates every month.
- If you have a claim it will get paid in a reasonable time frame.
- Have money left over from your claim? Lemonade will give back to great causes. This company is not only about making money, but helping out too!
- Everyone from Forbes Magazine to The Financial Times has written great reviews on this insurance company.
If you are looking for amazing renters insurance in the city by the bay, you will be in good hands.
Get your rental apartment/home + stuff insured in 90 secs with Lemonade Renters Insurance
Monthly subscription, starting at $5/month
No brokers, paperwork, or wait times
Instant Claims: File claims from your phone
Unclaimed Premium goes to a charity of your choice
Financial rating of A Exceptional, fully-regulated
What Is Renters Insurance Exactly?
Renters insurance is something you will need when you live in California. Not only do most landlords require you to have renters insurance, but it will serve you well to be protected. Renters insurance is one of the cheapest insurance policies you can have.
- Renters Insurance from Cheap Insurance covers your valuables anywhere in the world! Those are just your high-value items. What about everything else? Your silverware, dishes, clothing, towels, couches, tables? California has almost 600 thousand personal property thefts each year! That is too large of a number to ignore. Be prepared! We at Cheap Insurance can help you.
- A landlord’s insurance policy may not cover theft and damages. You will want to have your own. Most landlord’s insurance policies cover damages to the structure due to negligence. If you do not have renters insurance, you may have to pay out of pocket.
- Renters insurance can be very affordable. You could get coverage for as little as $12 a month!
- You may not think anything in your house is valuable, but add it up. Most renters have over $10 thousand dollars worth of valuables.
- You could qualify for renters insurance discounts if you take the proper safety precautions. Put in fire alarms, a front door alarm, and even an automatic spotlight in the front. Anything to deter burglaries can help you save.
What You Will Be Able To Cover
- Theft- if someone comes into your home and steals any personal property
- Fire or lightning damage- mother nature has a way of damaging property
- Smoke damage- a small kitchen fire can cause a lot of damage. Be covered.
- Water damage- if there is any water damage to the house you are renting it could costs thousands to repair
- Hail or windstorm damage- Live in a place with high winds? Be prepared.
- Damage from falling objects- If a tree falls, it can cause some serious damage.
- Personal property- Jewelry, furs, fine art, and the excess things in your house not covered by theft.
- Dwelling- major property coverage that protects the house and attached structures.
- Liability coverage-If someone is injured in your house, they could sue. Liability is a good idea.
You can be covered for accidents in the home you rent. For instance, if someone was to slip and fall and break their knee in the home you rent, you could have their medical costs covered.
Why Is Renters Insurance So Cheap?
- First of all, most of the time the landlord for the home also carries homeowners insurance. If he has a loan on his home with the bank, this is a must. This means that your renters insurance is going to act as a second policy for things in the house and for liability. Insurance companies like this.
- Most of the time the things you are insuring don’t cost a lot. It isn’t a 50 thousand dollar car you need insurance for. Basically you want to make sure the items in your home can be covered as well as your own personal liability.
- You can pick and choose what goes on your renters insurance policy. For instance, if you live in San Francisco you will most likely not need flood insurance. However you may want to get earthquake insurance. There are hundreds of individual types of insurance you can get with a renters premium.
- You are not insuring the cost of the building or the land around it, so yes you will pay less as a renter. Homeowners are the ones who pay the bigger insurance premiums.
- Renters insurance is pretty basic across the board. You might as well choose the lowest cost of renters insurance and save your money. Most companies provide the same services. What you are paying for is the customer service, or possibly a one-on-one consultant. This is very unnecessary with San Francisco instant renters insurance.
Personal Reasons For Obtaining Great Renters Insurance
First of all, everyone wants and deserves to be protected in their own home. Whether you own or rent, your amenities are important to you. So is the safety of your friends and family. Most people who rent think that their landlord is solely responsible for the things that can go wrong in the home. Structurally, this is true. If your oven breaks, toilet starts leaking, or fence blows over in a windstorm, your landlord should legally fix it. But, if you get robbed, or someone hurts themselves in the house in which you live, you will want to have insurance. Getting the San Francisco instant renters insurance means talking with a representative to obtain the best deals. When you work with Lemonade.com, you can rest assured that your quote will be low. But if you have more questions regarding the renters insurance which will protect you and the items in your home, talking with an expert can help. You may be able to qualify for discounts.
Your Next Steps
This is what you can do next to make sure that your insurance is working for you.
- First, you will want to make documentation of the high-value items in your home. You can do this by videoing these items while you walk around your house. Make a list and photo documentation to keep on file. This way if your thousand dollar television gets taken, you have a record that you owned it in the first place. This is a good idea when buying any type of insurance. From Homeowners insurance to car insurance. Document what your item or property looks like in the condition in which you bought it.
- Second, you may want to do things to make your home safer. For instance, putting up a fence around your pool is a great start. If you plan to have children in your home or visiting, a nice structure protecting the pool area will make your liability insurance less. You can also make steps more visible to visitors. You may have elderly people who live or visit your home. You can add ramps instead of stairs leading up to the front walk way.
- You can add a dead bolt lock to your front door and even a motion sensor light to the front of your garage. Having an alarm system is never a bad idea. This is not the job of the landlord, but you might be able to talk with your landlord and get part of it paid for.
- Living in a gated community is always a plus in the eyes of the insurance company. Security cameras may seem like an extreme measure, but depending on your neighborhood, a necessary one.
- You can even go as far as getting together with your neighbors and starting a neighborhood watch.
How To Get The Quote You Need
If you would like to talk to a helpful representative on the phone, just call today!
(800) 486-1866 Our offices are open Monday through Friday from 9AM to 5PM You can get an instant quote online.
- Enter the product you desire (renters insurance).
- enter in your zip code.
- answer a few questions.
- You could have your policy and quote in your e-mail inbox within minutes!
Don’t forget about Lemonade.com. This website could help you especially if you are already in the Cheap Insurance family. Get the quote that will keep your rates low with a company you can trust.
The Lower, The Better
- You are not required to carry renters insurance by law in the state of California. However, you will be much better off having renters protection. It could save you thousands of dollars in the end.
- For only $100-$200 a year, you could be protecting yourself and your family with the insurance you deserve.
- For as little as $5 a month, your San Francisco renters insurance quote could be the lowest ever!
- Don’t wait for something to go wrong. Have the renters insurance you and your family deserve by getting a free, instant quote now.
- People have been switching from large insurance companies to Lemonade.com to get even lower prices on insurance.
- Cheap Insurance is proud to say that now more than ever, you as a can save and be happy knowing your are covered.
- With all of the protection a renter’s policy offers, does it make sense not to have one?
- You can always save more by bundling your insurance policies. Bundle renters with auto and save!
Rent in San Francisco and make a good financial decision.