Cheap Insurance Kent
Because of Kent’s location in the middle of Seattle and Tacoma, the city sees a lot of through traffic, mainly along I-5. Residents are attracted to the city because of the natural beauty of the nearby Cascade range, Olympic Mountains, Green River Valley, as well as the city’s great schools and old, established neighborhoods. The economy is focused on manufacturing, and steel, with Boeing being the area’s largest employer. The average household income is well over $60,000, which is on the high side. This still doesn’t mean you shouldn’t take the time to peruse the various options for cheap insurance Kent can offer.
Facts that can affect insurance rates:
- Public Transportation options include a light rail and bus service, and commuters who use one or the other can usually lower their annual auto premiums
- Traffic can get pretty bad on either of the three main highways: I-5, SR-167, and SR-516. Especially during rush hour, as residents commute from Kent to either Seattle of Tacoma for work. The average commuter spends about 60 minutes in their car each day.
- Kent’s rate of auto theft greatly exceeds other cities of similar size. There were almost 800 motor vehicle thefts in 2012.
- The neighborhoods east of SR-167 see the most population density, and will probably see higher rates for liability coverage as a result.
- Kent’s different neighborhoods will have varying rates for some coverages. For example, even between Kent Station and Kent Highlands, liability and physical damage rates can change a great deal. We always recommend checking the rates in different neighborhoods so you know what to expect before you move.