Cheap Insurance St. George
St. George lies on the Utah-Arizona border and has a population of over 75,000, making it the principal city in its metropolitan area. It is also the 7th-largest city in Utah. Commute times in the city aren’t bad, and neither are the insurance rates, but with some smart shopping you can usually save even more! This is especially true if you take the time to compare all the options for cheap insurance St. George has to offer.
Some information for residents to consider:
- Crime rates are low, which helps keep full coverage rates low for drivers who are required to carry comprehensive coverage.
- Public transportation is run by SunTran, and includes four bus routes with over sixty stops, making it a viable alternative for commuters who want to leave their cars at home. The less miles you put on your vehicle every year, the less you will pay for your insurance.
- Between 2005 and 2007 St. George was one of the fastest growing metro areas in the nation, and insurance rates went through a lot of changes during that time span.
- If you work in the medical or education sectors, have an advanced degree or technical certification, or are a member of a labor union or professional group, you can probably qualify for additional discounts on your auto insurance. Be sure to ask your agent if your occupation qualifies.
- If you are financing a car and need full coverage, be sure your vehicle has an alarm or anti-theft device installed. This will help keep the rates for the coverage low.