Get a Quote
Tyler is a city in and the county seat of Smith County, Texas, United States. The city has an estimated 2015 population of 103,700, and is 100 miles east-southeast of Dallas. Tyler has the nickname “Rose Capital of the World” and the Texas Rose Festival draws thousands of tourists to Tyler. If you’re a student, or a new resident to the city and are looking to save money on your auto policy, take a look at all the options for cheap car insurance Tyler can offer. Comparison shopping is the best way to save money.
Cheap Car Insurance Tyler Requirements
It’s important to have the right car insurance in Tyler to protect not only yourself, but your vehicle too. Remember that carrying the minimum coverage required by law may not be enough to cover you personally. Make sure your policy will cover all of your assets, even if you are in an accident with an uninsured driver.
- Bodily Injury coverage requirements are a minimum of $30,000 per person and $60,000 per accident.
- Property damage liability minimum requirements are $25,000.
- Uninsured Motorist coverage is not required, but insurance company’s are required to offer it, and explain the coverage to consumers. According to Texas’ DMV, an estimated 20% of drivers in the state are uninsured, resulting in costs of up to $900 million for consumers.
- The law in Texas requires drivers to pay for accidents that they cause. Fault is ultimately determined by the state, using evidence and testimony gathered at the scene of the accident. The at-fault party is then required to pay all damages resulting from the accident.
Public Transportation In Tyler
- Tyler Transit provides customers with public transportation service within the City of Tyler. Tyler paratransit service is a shared-ride, public transportation service.
- Greyhound Lines bus service is available through a downtown terminal.
- Amtrak runs through the city of Mineola, a short distance north of Tyler.