Get a Quote
Pasadena, while named after the Golden State city, has little in common with its namesake. The Texas city has a history rich in the ranching industry, which moved into oil investments around Galveston Bay. It’s still largely an industrial town, with some shipping and high-tech added to the mix. The city has and estimated 2015 population of 153,784. Pasadena is served by three freeway systems. Interstate 45 is the closest interstate to the Pasadena city limits. The main freeway artery is the Pasadena Freeway. Commutes aren’t bad, and cost of living is 11% lower than the state average. Residents have plenty of ways to save money, including the number of options for cheap car insurance Pasadena has to offer.
Cheap Car Insurance Pasadena Requirements
It’s important to have the right car insurance in Pasadena to protect not only yourself, but your vehicle too. Remember that carrying the minimum coverage required by law may not be enough to cover you personally. Make sure your policy will cover all of your assets, even if you are in an accident with an uninsured driver.
- Bodily Injury coverage requirements are a minimum of $30,000 per person and $60,000 per accident.
- Property damage liability minimum requirements are $25,000.
- Uninsured Motorist coverage is not required, but insurance company’s are required to offer it, and explain the coverage to consumers. According to Texas’ DMV, an estimated 20% of drivers in the state are uninsured, resulting in costs of up to $900 million for consumers.
- The law in Texas requires drivers to pay for accidents that they cause. Fault is ultimately determined by the state, using evidence and testimony gathered at the scene of the accident. The at-fault party is then required to pay all damages resulting from the accident.
Public Transportation In Pasadena
- Metropolitan Transit Authority of Harris County, Texas (METRO) operates a park & ride service from the Pasadena Town Square Mall. METRO operates four trips during the morning and five trips during the afternoon rush hours.
- Harris County Transit operates a bus route that runs through most of the city, stopping at health centers, shopping centers, colleges, and other venues, with connections to neighboring cites