Get a Quote
One of the many suburbs that surround Dallas, Mesquite has grown to a population of around 140,000. The 2015 estimated population is 144,788, which makes Mesquite still the 20th most populated city in Texas. From professional rodeo to classical music and country-western tunes, Mesquite offers you a chance to experience the real flavor of Texas. There are a number of highways and interstates that pass through the city, bringing a great deal of shipping traffic. With all that highway driving, the risk of being involved in a car accident rises. It is a good idea for residents to explore all the options for cheap car insurance Mesquite has available.
Cheap Car Insurance Mesquite Requirements
It’s important to have the right car insurance in Mesquite to protect not only yourself, but your vehicle too. Remember that carrying the minimum coverage required by law may not be enough to cover you personally. Make sure your policy will cover all of your assets, even if you are in an accident with an uninsured driver.
- Bodily Injury coverage requirements are a minimum of $30,000 per person and $60,000 per accident.
- Property damage liability minimum requirements are $25,000.
- Uninsured Motorist coverage is not required, but insurance company’s are required to offer it, and explain the coverage to consumers. According to Texas’ DMV, an estimated 20% of drivers in the state are uninsured, resulting in costs of up to $900 million for consumers.
- The law in Texas requires drivers to pay for accidents that they cause. Fault is ultimately determined by the state, using evidence and testimony gathered at the scene of the accident. The at-fault party is then required to pay all damages resulting from the accident.
Public Transportation In Mesquite
- Keep your driving record clean. Residents of Mesquite spend a lot of time in their car, mainly due to a low number of public transportation options. DART doesn’t service the suburb, and you can’t really get anywhere without traveling on one of the many freeways. But spending a lot of time in your car means you have to be extra careful. Drive defensively and obey all local traffic laws. Even one ticket on your record can add hundreds of dollars to your annual insurance bill.