Get a Quote
Longview, Texas continues to grow, with and estimated 2015 population of 80,455. Longview is considered a major hub city for East Texas, as is the nearby city of Tyler. 2017 will be the 40th year that Longview hosts the Great Texas Balloon Race. This event attracts the very best competitive pilots from across the United States and the world, and a big crown as well. This and other attractions make Longview highways busy and congested. Residents should explore all the options for cheap car insurance Longview has available.
Cheap Car Insurance Longview Requirements
It’s important to have the right car insurance in Longview to protect not only yourself, but your vehicle too. Remember that carrying the minimum coverage required by law may not be enough to cover you personally. Make sure your policy will cover all of your assets, even if you are in an accident with an uninsured driver.
- Bodily Injury coverage requirements are a minimum of $30,000 per person and $60,000 per accident.
- Property damage liability minimum requirements are $25,000.
- Uninsured Motorist coverage is not required, but insurance company’s are required to offer it, and explain the coverage to consumers. According to Texas’ DMV, an estimated 20% of drivers in the state are uninsured, resulting in costs of up to $900 million for consumers.
- The law in Texas requires drivers to pay for accidents that they cause. Fault is ultimately determined by the state, using evidence and testimony gathered at the scene of the accident. The at-fault party is then required to pay all damages resulting from the accident.
Public Transportation In Longview
- The city’s public transit system, Longview Transit, runs daily routes, excluding Sundays and holidays. Its fixed routes provide transportation to key districts throughout the city.
- City of Longview also operates City of Longview Transit (COLT) which provides transportation to eligible passengers as a demand response transportation service. This service is provided for those who are unable to use the regular Longview Transit fixed route service