Get a Quote
Killeen’s proximity to Fort Hood means a big military presence. Many soldiers and their families make their home in the city and the population has grown a lot over the past couple decades. The estimated 2015 population is 140,806. Fort Hood employs the majority of the city’s residents, which also means that many will qualify for military discounts on their car insurance. The local housing market is one of the most affordable in the nation, and the low cost of living also extends to auto insurance. If you compare the choices for cheap car insurance Killeen has to offer, you may find significant savings. Major highways that run through Killeen are U.S. Highway 190, Business Loop 190, State Highway 195, and Spur 172.
Cheap Car Insurance Killeen Requirements
It’s important to have the right car insurance in Killeen to protect not only yourself, but your vehicle too. Remember that carrying the minimum coverage required by law may not be enough to cover you personally. Make sure your policy will cover all of your assets, even if you are in an accident with an uninsured driver.
- Bodily Injury coverage requirements are a minimum of $30,000 per person and $60,000 per accident.
- Property damage liability minimum requirements are $25,000.
- Uninsured Motorist coverage is not required, but insurance company’s are required to offer it, and explain the coverage to consumers. According to Texas’ DMV, an estimated 20% of drivers in the state are uninsured, resulting in costs of up to $900 million for consumers.
- The law in Texas requires drivers to pay for accidents that they cause. Fault is ultimately determined by the state, using evidence and testimony gathered at the scene of the accident. The at-fault party is then required to pay all damages resulting from the accident.
Public Transportation In Killeen
- Hill Country Transit District (HCTD) operates The HOP, a regional public transit system that started in the 1960’s as a volunteer transit service that has since grown to serve a nine-county area covering over 9,000 square miles. The HOP buses are easily identified by their teal and purple exteriors.