Get a Quote
Edinburg, Texas makes up the second-largest city in the greater McAllen metro area. The city has an estimated 2015 population of 84,497. The city is located at the southern tip of Texas near the Mexican boarder. The city has many attractions, including the Edinburg Scenic Wetlands, one of nine sites of the World Birding Center, a native habitat site and wildlife refuge. Soon it will open the first major Medical Research Center along the U. S.- Mexico. This means even more growth and traffic. Residents should take the time to explore all the options for cheap car insurance Edinburg has available.
Cheap Car Insurance Edinburg Requirements
It’s important to have the right car insurance in Edinburg to protect not only yourself, but your vehicle too. Remember that carrying the minimum coverage required by law may not be enough to cover you personally. Make sure your policy will cover all of your assets, even if you are in an accident with an uninsured driver.
- Bodily Injury coverage requirements are a minimum of $30,000 per person and $60,000 per accident.
- Property damage liability minimum requirements are $25,000.
- Uninsured Motorist coverage is not required, but insurance company’s are required to offer it, and explain the coverage to consumers. According to Texas’ DMV, an estimated 20% of drivers in the state are uninsured, resulting in costs of up to $900 million for consumers.
- The law in Texas requires drivers to pay for accidents that they cause. Fault is ultimately determined by the state, using evidence and testimony gathered at the scene of the accident. The at-fault party is then required to pay all damages resulting from the accident.
Public Transportation In Edinburg
- Valley Metro is expanding its bus service into Edinburg. We hope this means more commuters will be able to leave their cars at home during the week, because the less you drive the more you save on your auto policy.
- McIntyre Street Project plans also include a bus transportation hub for Valley Metro, the regional transit service.