Get a Quote
Just north of the Dallas/Fort Worth metro area, Denton is a typical college town, with two different universities (UNT and TWU) located in the city. The education sector is also the city’s largest employment sector. Growth has mirrored that of nearby Texas cities, and Denton has a 2015 estimated population of 131,044. It is also a festival town, with a rodeo and Jazz festival that attracts visitors each year. This sort of tourist traffic can pose unique driving challenges, as well as an increase in the auto accident rates. Residents should take the time to explore all of the options for cheap car insurance Denton can offer.
Cheap Car Insurance Denton Requirements
It’s important to have the right car insurance in Denton to protect not only yourself, but your vehicle too. Remember that carrying the minimum coverage required by law may not be enough to cover you personally. Make sure your policy will cover all of your assets, even if you are in an accident with an uninsured driver.
- Bodily Injury coverage requirements are a minimum of $30,000 per person and $60,000 per accident.
- Property damage liability minimum requirements are $25,000.
- Uninsured Motorist coverage is not required, but insurance company’s are required to offer it, and explain the coverage to consumers. According to Texas’ DMV, an estimated 20% of drivers in the state are uninsured, resulting in costs of up to $900 million for consumers.
- The law in Texas requires drivers to pay for accidents that they cause. Fault is ultimately determined by the state, using evidence and testimony gathered at the scene of the accident. The at-fault party is then required to pay all damages resulting from the accident.
Public Transportation In Denton
- Denton County Transportation Authority (DCTA), operates express bus service to downtown Dallas and Lewisville
- Dallas Area Rapid Transit’s (DART) operate commuter rail stations on DCTA’s A-train.