Get a Quote
College Station’s legacy as an epicenter of Texas tradition and pride throughout the last century has made it a travel destination of Texans and southerners alike. College Station is home to the main campus of Texas A&M University. The city owes both its name and existence to the university’s location along a railroad. Texas A&M is the cities economic source, with ongoing projects funded by agencies such as NASA, the National Institutes of Health, the National Science Foundation, and the Office of Naval Research. This makes College Station a very busy place, and traffic congestion can get dangerous. Residents and students should explore all the options for cheap car insurance College Station can offer you.
Cheap Car Insurance College Station Requirements
It’s important to have the right car insurance in College Station to protect not only yourself, but your vehicle too. Remember that carrying the minimum coverage required by law may not be enough to cover you personally. Make sure your policy will cover all of your assets, even if you are in an accident with an uninsured driver.
- Bodily Injury coverage requirements are a minimum of $30,000 per person and $60,000 per accident.
- Property damage liability minimum requirements are $25,000.
- Uninsured Motorist coverage is not required, but insurance company’s are required to offer it, and explain the coverage to consumers. According to Texas’ DMV, an estimated 20% of drivers in the state are uninsured, resulting in costs of up to $900 million for consumers.
- The law in Texas requires drivers to pay for accidents that they cause. Fault is ultimately determined by the state, using evidence and testimony gathered at the scene of the accident. The at-fault party is then required to pay all damages resulting from the accident.
Public Transportation In College Station
- The Brazos Transit District (formerly Brazos Valley Transit Authority) provides public bus transportation in the Bryan/College Station area.
- Starline Travel offers weekend service from Texas A&M’s campus to downtown Houston, with additional Houston service for Aggie game days and additional service to Dallas during major A&M breaks.
- Groundshuttle provides daily shuttles to and from Houston airports (Hobby and Bush).