The Mustangs of Las Colinas (pictured left) is a center piece in Irving. It is a breathtakingly realistic bronze sculpture of nine wild mustangs galloping across a granite stream, and is the largest equine sculpture in the world. Irving is home many Fortune 500 companies and more than a 1,000 corporations, as well as homes, schools, shopping areas, and recreation facilities. The 2013 estimate from the United States Census Bureau had the city population at 228,653 making it the thirteenth most populous city in Texas. Airport traffic accounts for a large amount of Irving’s transportation congestion. Residents should make sure they explore all the options for cheap car insurance Irving has available.
Cheap Car Insurance Irving Requirements
It’s important to have the right car insurance in Irving to protect not only yourself, but your vehicle too. Remember that carrying the minimum coverage required by law may not be enough to cover you personally. Make sure your policy will cover all of your assets, even if you are in an accident with an uninsured driver.
- Bodily Injury coverage requirements are a minimum of $30,000 per person and $60,000 per accident.
- Property damage liability minimum requirements are $25,000.
- Uninsured Motorist coverage is not required, but insurance company’s are required to offer it, and explain the coverage to consumers. According to Texas’ DMV, an estimated 20% of drivers in the state are uninsured, resulting in costs of up to $900 million for consumers.
- The law in Texas requires drivers to pay for accidents that they cause. Fault is ultimately determined by the state, using evidence and testimony gathered at the scene of the accident. The at-fault party is then required to pay all damages resulting from the accident.
Public Transportation In Irving
- Irving public transportation is provided by Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART).
- Irving is served by numerous bus routes and has two stops along the Trinity Railway Express route. In addition, DART’s Orange Line through runs through Irving and Las Colinas to DFW Airport.