Get a Quote
Garland is a large city northeast of Dallas and the 12th-most populous city in the state of Texas. WalletHub ranked Garland as the 17th “Best in the Country for a Job” in 2017. The southeast side of Garland suffered a major blow on December 26, 2015 after a large EF4 tornado struck the area. The city suffered casualties and significant damage. The city has bounced back though, and now has a variety of industries, including electronics, steel fabrication, and oilfield equipment. Residents should still take every opportunity to explore all the options for cheap car insurance Garland has available.
Cheap Car Insurance Garland Requirements
It’s important to have the right car insurance in Garland to protect not only yourself, but your vehicle too. Remember that carrying the minimum coverage required by law may not be enough to cover you personally. Make sure your policy will cover all of your assets, even if you are in an accident with an uninsured driver.
- Bodily Injury coverage requirements are a minimum of $30,000 per person and $60,000 per accident.
- Property damage liability minimum requirements are $25,000.
- Uninsured Motorist coverage is not required, but insurance company’s are required to offer it, and explain the coverage to consumers. According to Texas’ DMV, an estimated 20% of drivers in the state are uninsured, resulting in costs of up to $900 million for consumers.
- The law in Texas requires drivers to pay for accidents that they cause. Fault is ultimately determined by the state, using evidence and testimony gathered at the scene of the accident. The at-fault party is then required to pay all damages resulting from the accident.
Public Transportation In Garland
- DART connects Garland to Dallas and 11 other surrounding cities, and links to Fort Worth via the TRE light rail and Denton via the A-Train. Free parking is available at both Garland stations. Visit www.dart.org for maps and routing information.
- City Shuttle: 214-760-1998 ? www.cityshuttle.net
- Go Yellow Checker Shuttle: 214-841-1900 ? www.yellowcheckershuttle.com
- SuperShuttle DFW: 972-456-3128 ? www.supershuttle.com