Get a Quote
Carrollton, Texas frequently ranks among the nation’s best cities to relocate to. Even though it has a large, 2015 estimated population of 133,168 jobs are easy to get, especially in the lucrative energy industry. While the cost of living in the city is slightly higher than the Texas average, the housing cost is about 11% lower. Insurance prices in Carrollton have been rising slightly though, as new residents mean more drivers on the roads, many of whom commute to and from nearby Dallas. If you’re looking to save some money, take some time to shop all the options for cheap car insurance Carrollton can offer.
Cheap Car Insurance Carrollton Requirements
It’s important to have the right car insurance in Carrollton to protect not only yourself, but your vehicle too. Remember that carrying the minimum coverage required by law may not be enough to cover you personally. Make sure your policy will cover all of your assets, even if you are in an accident with an uninsured driver.
- Bodily Injury coverage requirements are a minimum of $30,000 per person and $60,000 per accident.
- Property damage liability minimum requirements are $25,000.
- Uninsured Motorist coverage is not required, but insurance company’s are required to offer it, and explain the coverage to consumers. According to Texas’ DMV, an estimated 20% of drivers in the state are uninsured, resulting in costs of up to $900 million for consumers.
- The law in Texas requires drivers to pay for accidents that they cause. Fault is ultimately determined by the state, using evidence and testimony gathered at the scene of the accident. The at-fault party is then required to pay all damages resulting from the accident.
Public Transportation In Carrollton
- Many of Carrollton’s residents join the more than 3 million daily commuters in the Dallas area. This can significantly increase the chance of traffic delay, as well as the rate of auto accidents.
- Dallas Area Rapid Transit’s (DART’s) provides transportation in Carrollton.