Get a Quote
Bryan, Texas borders College Town and forms the other half of the dual city metro area. Bryan has an estimated 2015 population of 82,118 and borders the city of College Station, which lies to its south. The city is centrally located, approximately equidistant from three of the 10 largest cities in the United States. It is 95 miles northwest of Houston, 166 miles northeast of San Antonio and 166 miles south of Dallas. It is 102 miles east of Austin, the state capital. Its location makes it a popular place to live for those who want to escape the big cities. It still has plenty of traffic though, so residents should take the time to explore all the options for cheap car insurance Bryan has available.
Cheap Car Insurance Bryan Requirements
It’s important to have the right car insurance in Bryan to protect not only yourself, but your vehicle too. Remember that carrying the minimum coverage required by law may not be enough to cover you personally. Make sure your policy will cover all of your assets, even if you are in an accident with an uninsured driver.
- Bodily Injury coverage requirements are a minimum of $30,000 per person and $60,000 per accident.
- Property damage liability minimum requirements are $25,000.
- Uninsured Motorist coverage is not required, but insurance company’s are required to offer it, and explain the coverage to consumers. According to Texas’ DMV, an estimated 20% of drivers in the state are uninsured, resulting in costs of up to $900 million for consumers.
- The law in Texas requires drivers to pay for accidents that they cause. Fault is ultimately determined by the state, using evidence and testimony gathered at the scene of the accident. The at-fault party is then required to pay all damages resulting from the accident.
Public Transportation In Bryan
- The Brazos Transit District provides bus service in the area, but only during the weekdays. So it is an options for commuters, but not much beyond that. Still, if you can take the bus to work you can usually lower your insurance rates since you will be putting less annual miles on your car.