Get a Quote
Bordering the Bronx, Yonkers doesn’t have too many traffic problems, as most drivers are going to take the train or the bus into the city if that’s where they work. 27% of residents don’t own a car, but if you’re one of the ones who do, it is a good idea to spend some time each year exploring all the options for cheap car insurance Yonkers can offer. New York State can get expensive no matter where you live, and the closer you are to NYC, the higher your rates tend to be. We have spent the last 30 years helping our customers shop, and we know that the best way to save money is to know a bit about your city, and what affects your rates.
Cheap Car Insurance Yonkers Requirements
New York State law requires drivers to carry auto liability insurance coverage at all times. It must remain in effect in order to keep your vehicle registration valid, and must be issued by a company licensed by the New York State Dept. of Financial Services. Out of state insurance is not acceptable, and the insurance must be in the name of the vehicle owner.
- $10,000 for property damage, per single accident
- $25,000 for bodily injury/$50,000 for death of one person, per single accident
- $50,000 for bodily injury/$100,000 for death of two or more persons, per single accident
- For more information, here is a link to the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles’ insurance page.
- The average commuter in the New York-Newark area spends 60 hours a year stuck in traffic. Because there are so few drivers, the amount of options for cheap car insurance Yonkers has available often surprises residents.
Public Transportation In Yonkers
Yonkers has the eleventh-highest rate of public transit ridership among cities in the United States, and 27% of Yonkers households do not own a car. Use these links for more information about public transportation in Yonkers.