Get a Quote
Watertown is located in the central part of Jefferson County, approximately 70 miles north of Syracuse and 30 miles south of Canada. The city developed early in the 19th century as a manufacturing center and is named after the many falls located on the Black River. The city has been working in recent decades to redevelop its downtown and revive the heart of the city. It is highlighting its rich architectural heritage, compact and walkable retail center, and well-designed residential areas. The city has and estimated 2015 population of 26,780. Because of it’s location just 25 miles from the international boundary via the Thousand Islands Bridge, many visitors come from Canada to shop, supporting the cities economy. This also means busy streets and congested highways. Residents need to make sure they explore all the options for cheap car insurance Watertown has available.
Cheap Car Insurance Watertown Requirements
New York State law requires drivers to carry auto liability insurance coverage at all times. It must remain in effect in order to keep your vehicle registration valid, and must be issued by a company licensed by the New York State Dept. of Financial Services. Out of state insurance is not acceptable, and the insurance must be in the name of the vehicle owner.
- $10,000 for property damage, per single accident
- $25,000 for bodily injury/$50,000 for death of one person, per single accident
- $50,000 for bodily injury/$100,000 for death of two or more persons, per single accident
- For more information, here is a link to the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles’ insurance page.
- The average commuter in the New York-Newark area spends 60 hours a year stuck in traffic. Because there are so few drivers, the amount of options for cheap car insurance Buffalo has available often surprises residents.
- The average commuter in the New York-Newark area spends 60 hours a year stuck in traffic.
Public Transportation In Watertown
- Adirondack Trailways serves both Syracuse, to the south, and Potsdam.
- CitiBus and Paratransit provide bus service to the city of Watertown.