Get a Quote
Troy is a city in New York located on the western edge of Rensselaer County and on the eastern bank of the Hudson River. The city’s affordable properties draw new residents from all walks of life. As of 2014, Troy is updating its citywide comprehensive redevelopment plan for the first time in more than 50 years. There have also been much more successful effort being put into restoring and saving the remaining historic downtown structures. As the city grows, so does the traffic and chance of accidents. Residents should take the time to explore all the options for cheap car insurance Troy has available.
Cheap Car Insurance Troy Requirements
New York State law requires drivers to carry auto liability insurance coverage at all times. It must remain in effect in order to keep your vehicle registration valid, and must be issued by a company licensed by the New York State Dept. of Financial Services. Out of state car insurance is not acceptable, and the insurance must be in the name of the vehicle owner.
- $10,000 for property damage, per single accident
- $25,000 for bodily injury/$50,000 for death of one person, per single accident
- $50,000 for bodily injury/$100,000 for death of two or more persons, per single accident
- For more information, here is a link to the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles’ insurance page.
The average commuter in the New York area spends 60 hours a year stuck in traffic. There is plenty of auto insurance companies to choose from, and the amount of options for cheap car insurance Troy has available often surprises residents.
Public Transportation In Troy
- Local Busline: The CDTA offers an online trip-planner useful for figuring out how to get here by local bus.
National Busline: The Greyhound and Trailways stops at the Trailways Greyhound Station in Albany NY.
- Amtrak has a scheduled train service into Rensselaer, NY which is within minutes of downtown Troy.
- The Albany International Airport is located in our neighboring city of Albany NY and 20 minutes to downtown Troy.
- You can get to Troy via the Hudson River. For more information contact the Dockmaster at (518) 764-0716 or visit them on facebook www.facebook.com/TroyDowntownMarina.