Get a Quote
Newburgh is located in Orange County, New York, and has an estimated 2015 population of 28,290. Just 90 miles north of New York City, Newburgh has diverse population of actors to sculptors and everything in between. The city is right on the Hudson River, and part of the New York metropolitan ara. Newburgh is experiencing a spurt of new businesses on its historic Liberty Street near Washington’s Headquarters. In addition, Habitat for Humanity and a private developer are building new houses to supply the growing popultation. All the new growth means more traffic congestion as well. Residents should explore all the options for cheap car insurance Newburgh has to offer.
Cheap Car Insurance Newburgh Requirements
New York State law requires drivers to carry auto liability insurance coverage at all times. It must remain in effect in order to keep your vehicle registration valid, and must be issued by a company licensed by the New York State Dept. of Financial Services. Out of state insurance is not acceptable, and the insurance must be in the name of the vehicle owner.
- $10,000 for property damage, per single accident
- $25,000 for bodily injury/$50,000 for death of one person, per single accident
- $50,000 for bodily injury/$100,000 for death of two or more persons, per single accident
- For more information, here is a link to the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles’ insurance page.
- The average commuter in the New York-Newark area spends 60 hours a year stuck in traffic. Because there are so few drivers, the amount of options for cheap car insurance Buffalo has available often surprises residents.
- The average commuter in the New York-Newark area spends 60 hours a year stuck in traffic.
Public Transportation In Newburgh
- Ulster County Area Transit provides limited bus service through Coach USA.
- Metro North Railroad is accessible via the Newburgh–Beacon Ferry during peak hours connects to the Hudson Line.